cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to a new 12 month contract and my bill has now doubled

TerryOfYork

Signed up to a new 12 month contract and my bill has now doubled

Hi. As an existing customer I signed up for a new 12 month contract in January this year and was informed by email that the contract would consist of 12 monthly payments of £21:50. Thereafter it would rise to £38:20.

However since commencing with this contract the monthly billing has been;

January £22:99

February £25:17

March £38:20

April will be £43:01

I’m at a loss at the randomness of the payment amounts and the fact that I’m now going to be paying double what I signed up for.

Any help much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Signed up to a new 12 month contract and my bill has now doubled

@TerryOfYork You are not the first, or the last to fall foul of PN's 'accounting' system, but have you checked for any 'extras' - phone charges or the like? Bear in mind that there was a 9.3% increase from sometime in March - detailed in your contract, but these figures do look to be random.

John
TerryOfYork

Hi John, i can’t remember the last time I used my landline so call charges shouldn’t be contributing to these amounts. I only went with the new contract because my bill was going to be increased to £38:20. They’ve went and done it anyway and locked me in to 12 months into the bargain.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@TerryOfYork OK, the call charges query was only a suggestion - I don't use my landline either, except for 0800 numbers.  Without giving anything personal away, where are these prices coming from - the invoice should be broken down into its specific components?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@TerryOfYork wrote:

Hi John, i can’t remember the last time I used my landline so call charges shouldn’t be contributing to these amounts.

You might not be making calls, but there are a number of scenarios out of which "ghost" calls could be getting billed to your line - especially calls to 123.  You need to check your bill in full - not just look at the amounts charged to your bank account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.