cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up, but cabinet is on a waiting list - what will happen?

messyhead

Signed up, but cabinet is on a waiting list - what will happen?

Hi there. I recently signed up for Fibre Extra and Phone. I was with Sky, and I've had confirmation from Plusnet that my service will be activated on the 17th, and I've had notification from Sky that my service with them will be stopped on the 17th.
However, the cabinet that I'm connected to is now at capacity, and adsl checker shows it's on a waiting list. The fibre cabinet only got installed a few weeks ago, and went to capacity in a couple of days. Other ISPs are not taking orders, but Plusnet did (I was going to move to them anyway).
Some other people that I know around where I live, had orders placed with some other ISPs and they have now been cancelled by the ISP due to capacity.
So I want to ask, what will happen with my order? If it gets cancelled, then I'll have no phone or internet service at all.
I know that openreach need to install some more ports to increase capacity, and that could happen before the 17th, but if there's no capacity on the 17th, will I revert to 'normal' broadband and phone, and charged accordingly?
8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Signed up, but cabinet is on a waiting list - what will happen?

Hi messyhead, welcome to the forums!
Unfortunately it does appear your order has been cancelled by our suppliers, so Sky should no longer be ceasing your line on the 17th.
I'm not entirely sure why our suppliers have cancelled your order, as I have been lead to believe that the entire point of the waiting list is so orders can be in place while waiting for capacity, as opposed to manually monitoring and trying to replace the order once capacity has been restored.
I've discussed this with a colleague and they've advised that unfortunately the 'waiters list' doesn't seem to be working at all exchanges/cabs as expected. In theory we should have been able to place the orders and let them sit until capacity had been restored, however we've seen some orders where our suppliers decide to cancel the fibre, which should cancel the phone order (As it has in this case) but in some cases, the phone has been progressing and completing, leaving the customer without broadband.
As we wouldn't want to risk leaving you without broadband, the options I can put forward to you would be either waiting for capacity to be restored before we replace the orders, or alternatively, migrate over on ADSL and then we can get you upgraded to FTTC at a later date once capacity has been restored.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
messyhead

I'm utterly disgusted at that response. Just so you know, I know an Openreach engineer working in my area, so I'll be getting information from them on what exactly has happened. There have been so many false stories coming from ISPs in our area as to who cancelled orders (ISPs or Openreach) and why orders are being accepted and cancelled.
I also signed up through Quidco for £85 cashback, which I am also going to lose out on now due to this. The BT Wholesale ADSL checker was showing a waiting list for some time, yet Plusnet were still accepting orders. Why? You have the same information as all other ISPs who had stopped taking orders.
I don't want to hear about what should have happened 'in theory'. Please contact your supplier and tell me exactly what is going on, why was my order cancelled, when will capacity be available, and why is there is a waiters list if it doesn't work?
Disgusting service, and I'm a new customer. It doesn't set a good precedent.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to hear you're disgusted by my response, however it is accurate.
We would have absolutely no reason to cancel your order and then tell you our suppliers had done this. All this does is delay you becoming our customer for FTTC, meaning you would either choose not to migrate yet or become our customer on a lower costing product. Given the choice, we would rather have you join us on FTTC as soon as possible.
The cancellation reason on your order is:
Not possible to fulfil  An issue has been encountered during fulfilment  100169 : No DSLAM Ports Available

Unfortunately I am not in a position to tell you when capacity will be available, as this is not something that is in our control. All we would be able to do it monitor for availability.
In regards to the waiters list, I'm not sure why our suppliers would implement this if it is not fully functional, however it doesn't appear to be working fully as intended.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
messyhead

I'm disgusted that you took my order when there was no capacity. When I was looking for fibre, I checked BT, Sky, and Talk Talk, and they all showed that there was no capacity. So why did Plusnet not have the same information?
What would have happened if I hadn't asked on here about my order? Would you have told me it was cancelled, or just let me wait till the 17th and be left with no service?
I want to know why you accepted an order when there was no capacity?
messyhead

Hi. Please cancel my order. I've decided to use a different ISP, and have placed an order with them. 
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Out of interest, which ISP. Unless it's using different infrastructure (i.e. Virgin cable) you will have the exact same problem. You just haven't been told yet.  Cry
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately we can't take cancellation requests via the forum. The easiest way to cancel would be giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632.
All the best with your new provider.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
messyhead

Quote from: HPsauce
Out of interest, which ISP. Unless it's using different infrastructure (i.e. Virgin cable) you will have the exact same problem. You just haven't been told yet.  Cry

I've signed up with BT standard broadband, then when fibre is available I'll upgrade. I didn't want to go back to Sky or continue with Plusnet