cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i cancel?

Stoffa

Should i cancel?

I'll start off by saying that from the moment i joined plusnet i had not bother at all. I got the speeds i was quoted, If i was ever unable to pay the CS was very helpful. That is until Dec 2018 when i was one of the many who's account was stuck billing in billing for 2018. I made attempts to pay EVERY MONTH to be told that they are unable to take payment!

Now i have been billed £132 not 2 weeks after being told i couldn't make a payment. I believe this is unfair and am asking the question. Is it worth me staying or looking elsewhere ? 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should i cancel?

@Stoffa, Welcome to the forums. Remember, regardless of where you go you'll need to pay for your service, but if you're being asked now to pay £132 for 10 months service, that's the bargain of a life time.

You mention that Plusnet have been good to you and provided the service you asked for, so it there really any need to move to a provider that me not be so accommodating?

Stoffa

Thank you for the welcome.

Oh believe me i know that it is cheap but i can't afford the £132 in one lump some. I just feel it is unfair because i have had no phone calls from them to say hey we have sorted out your billing issue and you will be billed xx amount on x date. 

Maybe i am being too entitled, I dunno?!?

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I believe (from posts elsewhere on these forums) that Plusnet have said that they will only bill for 90 days of service for those whose accounts have been unable to be billed due to the debacle with the new (at least in September 2018!) billing system. I also believe that they have said that, if customers have difficulty in paying such a bill in one lump sum that they will agree some form of payment plan.

Therefore, unless one of the Plusnet staff members picks this up here, I suggest you contact Customer Support directly to find out exactly what they have billed you for and what your payment options now are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you suggest @Stoffa about being alerted is in fact a good idea and maybe one Plusnet could adopt, allowing others in the same situation time to organise their funds, it can only be to their benefit.

But as @jgb suggests calling Customer Support is probably your best option and just lay your cards on the table.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

I am not aware of any other company where you cannot pay direct, either over the phone or via their website.

Is there no way PN can provide additional arrangements for payments to be made direct, phone/website until the billing problem is sorted out.....and if possible continue it after that time ?

Failure to get money in when it is due must have some detremental effect on the company ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Stoffa,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that you have been affected by any recent billing issue on your account.

I would agree with previous suggestions in that should you be concerned about a large payment in one go then please do contact our Support Team who would be happy to discuss ways to assist you with this.

I do apologise for any inconveneince caused.

Stoffa

Thanks for the advice guys, I did the thing you shouldn't do and posted while at the height of frustration.

I thought about it long and hard all day (may sound extreme) and will in fact just pay as i believe i couldn't get a better service anywhere else. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Stoffa I'm sorry to see we've generated a large bill after so long and for the lack of communication regarding this, although while does it look like we e-mailed in advance of generating the bill it doesn't look like there was much advance notice on this occasion. Sad

Feel free to let us know if you need any support in paying it and we'll be happy to do what we can to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet