cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be upset? / Existing customer agrees to "deal"

mmark101
Dabbler

Should I be upset? / Existing customer agrees to "deal"

So I had an online chat. I'm thinking about leaving. As a long-term customer, I'm offered the `best possible deal`, upgrading my adsl to fttc at the same time: 12mth at £29.99. I agree. I log in today, having received the router, and see that a new customer could get this same "deal" for £3.00 less pcm. Admittedly, there's a £9.99 admin fee. Still means I pay more per year. I should chalk this up to inexperience, but I feel aggrieved and am tempted to cancel just cos of that. I need reassurance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
7 REPLIES 7
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Should I be upset? / Existing customer agrees to "deal"

Hi @mmark101, I'm happy to hear you decided to re-contract with us, we really appreciate your custom.

I am sorry to hear though that you are considering cancelling this. Deals can vary I'm afraid and our Customer Options Team will usually offer the best deal available to you. However, if you wish to try and re-negotiate I'd advise giving them a call on 0800 013 2632, though can't guarantee they could match the deal for you.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mmark101
Dabbler

I contacted them as mentioned above, and it was agreed - that as a loyal customer - the cost would be reduced by a further £2.00 to bring it into line with the price a new customer would pay. I was also offered free weekend calls for 6 months. I didn't want them, but there was no chance I was getting the voucher (a limited time offer, only for new customers of course). The last part wasn't applied, so I raised a "question" (RIP tickets). Unfortunately it seems the new question system is as difficult to track for the plusnet employees as it is for the customers, as the first answer I got claimed I'd agreed to x with y, and so my question was invalid. I screenshot the subsequent one and shot that back. Someone else answered and said it'd be sorted. Then the free calls wasn't applied, so I was charged for a single call I'd made. I eventually got 3 months free anytime calls applied, which of course I didn't want anyway, but was still charged for the call. Also a dubious £3.55 for broadband...I'm none the wiser on this. Possibly an amount calculated between the two billing dates?

So, due to this lowering of confidence in the system, I log in today to remove the free calls. I haven't used it since, but who knows how much I'll be billed next, so thought I'd drop it preemptively. Stepping through the 'product change' states an out of contract price for the broadband I currently receive, despite me being in contract until next March. Of course the final page shows this cost, and I'm supposed to click to agree? Will this raise my bill? I'd assume not but who knows, so I've backed out.

Is the website still under construction?

I refuse to phone any more as I cannot *trust* that what is said will be done. It wouldn't be so bad if I received email to confirm things...but I didn't even receive one to advise me the broadband upgrade had taken place. It wasn't until my son complained of not being online, and I realised the phone line was dead (fault caused by the move), that I became aware it had taken place. Luckily he had sent me a text so I logged on (to community, not the account section) and printed off the connection details for my router. My contact details have not changed, but trying to "manage account" produces a 404 error.

Not good at all. I literally dare not look at this website any more as my GAD needs careful management!

TL ; DR

I don't know what to do, but need the call aspect of my contract removing, and reassurance that I can change this without agreeing to losing my discount.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Two duplicate posts released from Spam Filter and subsequently removed.

mmark101
Dabbler

The above post, first time around, was "marked as spam" and the offer was a report abuse button. Thankfully I copied it first. 

I've just returned, and it'd gone yet again. I was about to add a screenshot. So I've pasted it in again.

If it goes a 3rd time, I'll create a new post. I just thought it might be preferred that I continue in the same thread as before...and I had it subbed of course!

More automation with a bad algorithm? I'm growing increasingly paranoid...

oh but in good news, a pop-up advises that I'm now ranked a dabbler lol

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry for the issues you're experiencing regarding your new contract and following reviewing the tickets on your account, I'm sorry to see how we've been handling your query.

I've been looking into this for you and I've created a new ticket which you can view and reply to from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189806463

Hope this helps but if you need any further assistance please feel free to let us know. Also once you've added a reply to the ticket could you nudge us over here and we'll get it picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mmark101
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush. I've replied to the ticket.

Long live the forum!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the heads up and for your kind words.

I've added a reply on to your support ticket. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Order to Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'