Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking levels of customer service

roddevonshire
Hooked

Shocking levels of customer service

Email outage for 1.5 days ? Appalling.

Fobbed off by staff on social media, with bland platitudes.

And if you try to message Plusnet on Facebook, you are "answered" by a dumb chatbot. I want to speak to a real human, not a chatbot. Chatbots are the dumbest invention ever.

People rely on email, particularly at this time of year when they are shopping for Christmas - more so this year, when we are told to shop early due to supply chain problems.

Not good enough Plusnet.

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Shocking levels of customer service

@roddevonshire With respect, a major problem (as this is) can't be solved in minutes.

John
roddevonshire
Hooked

I wouldn't call a 1.5 day email outage "minutes".

jab1
Legend

Neither would I, but major problems in infrastructure can take a while to solve, which is the point I was making.

John
roddevonshire
Hooked

Well if you want to apologise for Plusnet's appalling levels of customer service, go ahead.

In the IT department I work in, the longest email outage we've ever had is half a day. 

Plusnet are content to take peoples' money, but as soon as there is a problem, they don't give a damn.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

@roddevonshire wrote:

Chatbots are the dumbest invention ever.

That's a bit harsh, I've encountered people that wouldn't pass the Turing test!

jab1
Legend

@roddevonshire wrote:

Well if you want to apologise for Plusnet's appalling levels of customer service, go ahead.

In the IT department I work in, the longest email outage we've ever had is half a day. 

Plusnet are content to take peoples' money, but as soon as there is a problem, they don't give a damn.

I'm not apologising for the issues Plusnet have had - and suspect they still have, but I do know some IT problems are harder to solve than others, and a national network is somewhat larger and more complex than  'works network'.

John
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

@jab1 wrote:

a national network is somewhat larger and more complex than  'works network'.

That rather depends on where you work! 

jab1
Legend

Agreed @MJN . Where would you suggest a 'works' network would be bigger than a national one, though?😉

John
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

International? 😉 

Joking aside, as you touched on it's not so much about the size but rather the complexity and there's not all that much complexity when it comes to email services. Sure, enough to require attention to detail but I'd echo the thought of it beggaring belief why it took so long to restore service (if that's even happened). Of course, we're not privy to what actually happened (due to absence of meaningful communication) so we have to take things at face value and on that basis it doesn't look great, and I'm saying that as a big fan of PluPlusnet!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.
jab1
Legend

Yep - 'International' might do. 😉

As you say we don't know exactly what happened, but it was mentioned in that looong thread on the email board that it was a 'data centre' issue - make of that what you will.

John