cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking Service!!

Angryinhastings

Shocking Service!!

I cancelled my broadband on March 21st and paid the cease fee upfront 30£. Was reassured that the last day of broadband would be the 20th of April. This was never done and am now being harassed by Plusnet for payment of the continued service of the contact I cancelled.

When I call the customer service reps that say one thing but it doesnt happen. I have no time to actually call again and agian to get this sorted as I have soldmy peeoperty and am in the process of moving. 

Can someone get some sense and actually perform the necessary steps to cancel and stop the attempts to bill me?It should be self evident that I as a consumer dont have access to stop the contract and certainly cannot continue to call and waste my time on this when I already called 3times and paid the cease fee upfront. 

SHOCKING lack of service and a total waste of my time,!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Shocking Service!!

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi @Angryinhastings,

A warm welcome to the forums, albeit on your way out of the door! Wink

Clearly solving your problem requires a response from a staffer, however the Superusers (SUs) are looking at user's 'exit' experiences.  Would you mind sharing what has happened here please?

• Have you simply totally ceased broadband and phone services on your line?
  • Have you migrated to another provider?
  • If yes, who?
  • If you had both phone AND broadband with Plusnet, is it just the broadband you are now being asked to pay for?

The way that migrations should work is that the gaining provider tells the losing supplier (in this case Plusnet) that you are leaving ... that should cause your account to close (for both phone and broadband) and a final bill to be raised.  There appear to have been a number of incidents where for some reason this process has failed and billing for broadband only continues.  There is some evidence that this could be related to a specific gaining supplier, but as yet that is somewhat speculative on the part of the SUs.

You should only have received a cease charge if you have totally terminated broadband service on the line or have migrated to a LLU provider, such as Talk Talk or Sky.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

For one exit experience, see my post "Why a bill?"

Plusnet had the required 14 days from the gaining provider yet I have been presented with a bill for the period 1st to 31st May when my migration was 30th April. I chose the 30th April in an attempt to simplify things with my billing date being the 1st of the month.

I should not be having £20.99 (includes the full cost of Fibre Extra without the discount applied) taken from my bank account for something I no longer have. Fortunately I am in a financial position where this will not have much impact but for others it could take them overdrawn because, like me the new provider will be taking their bill by DD on the 6th May. About the same date PN take theirs!

Angryinhastings

Finally spoke with a really switched on customer service guy called Alexander - he sorted it all out and was a true pleasure to deal with. Really a step above all other reps in your customer service that I have previously talked with. Remember to give him some credit  for his dilligent work from a now happy customer!!

Thanks you Alexander!

Happyinhastings 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Angryinhastings

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I am really sorry to hear of this experience you have had and it is not the level of care we want to provide to any of our customers no matter the circumstance. I have looked into this for you and  responded here via your account.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @newagetraveller

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you have left our service. I have responded to your post here; https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Why-a-bill/m-p/1535784/highlight/false#M30013.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

NAT,

PlusNET might well have had 14 days notice of intent to take over the line - but until that actually happens, the service and the billing continues. We both know that migration dates can slip for various reasons. However I completely agree with the impact on cash flow, for some the delay in getting the charge reversed could be problematic.

I guess that if any losing provider simply accepted the advised date and stopped billing and stopped the service ... and something went wrong delaying the switch over ... there would be complaints about inflexible ‘early’ termination.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.