Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocked by monthly charge after agreeing new contract

insussex
Grafter

Shocked by monthly charge after agreeing new contract

Hi

Has anyone else had this please?

I recently agreed to a further 24 month contract with Plusnet for phone and BB.

I agreed to pay the line charge in advance as usual and was taken through a long winded set of interactive forms that the rep could see me accepting as we went.

I was expecting to pay less than £10 a month but have just noticed a bill for £28+ come in!

Can anyone suggest what to do as I am not at all happy about this?

Thanks

Mike

9 REPLIES 9
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Shocked by monthly charge after agreeing new contract

@insussex 

You should have received contract information by email and as tickets on your account which should detail the contract terms which should have matched what you sighed up for.

Did you get those?

Did you pay for Line Rental Saver? If so it is possible that this has not kicked in properly and that you are being charged monthly line rental. This is not an unknown issue.

Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will see this and be able to shed some light on the issue.

It would be better if this post was on the My Account / Billing forum as that sounds like the relevant issue. Maybe a moderatoe can move it over.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
insussex
Grafter

Thanks

Yes my contact was all set up and agreed, £8 per month, paid the line rental once my old one expired.

As stated went through a complex set of 'guided' forms to fill in agreeing to everything.

So maybe someone forgot to activate my new line rental when the old one expired?

I hope so because I can't afford to pay this new inflated amount.

Thanks for the advice 

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Your bill will already have been worked out assuming you will let your current contract run with no offer. My bill has me hugely overpaying, as it is about half old offer(which has been wrongly overcalculated and half at the full price.

This also happens when you leave if your billing date is just before you leave, meaning you are charged for a month yo will have no service for, but you get a refund.

jgb
Champion

@insussex 

Have you checked that your LRS payment is showing on your Member Centre Account? It should appear immediately after you paid it under Billing>View your payments. Also does it show up on your card account (assuming you paid by card)?

insussex
Grafter

Ah, it does not show up!!! How very odd, I agreed to it all and like I say went through all the payment steps with the rep.

Plusnet, what is going on here? Please help

insussex
Grafter

Hi, I have been desperately looking for a way to contact Plusnet but there seems to be nothing other than phone which I can't use just now, no ticket, emails bounce, what can I do please? 

jgb
Champion

@insussex 

You can raise a ticket via the complaints procedure.

Go to the bottom of this page and click on Complaints Code of Practice, then on the page that appears select How to complain about our broadband etc, and then select use the help assistant to raise a ticket.

insussex
Grafter

Hi

OK I managed to raise a ticket but so far I've had not response at all.

Are there any Plusnet staff here that can help me with this please? I can't afford to pay 3.5 times what I agreed each month.