Shambles

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Trafic redirection.

Hi @uk-marky,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm sorry that you have been unable to access the payment portal and I appreciate the frustration this has caused you. Please accept my apologies for the issue you have experienced.

The likely reason you have not been able to make the payment would be due to you paying by Direct Debit in which case you would get a splash screen advising of the failed payment. This screen, which appears for 14 days after the failed payment, would also show an 'or you can acknowledge and continue browsing' link beneath the 'log in and pay' button at the middle of the page. Clicking this link will dismiss the splash screen and allow you to continue browsing. The splash screen also has a 'pay now' button on it that would direct you to Member Centre login.

The payment portal should also always be accessible via plus.net/pay however there can be a number of reasons why this page can not be found. As the screen you are being offered is a splash screen I'd suggest clearing your browser cookies and cache as well as allowing pop-ups to be displayed by your browser. You may also need to switch off your router a few minutes to refresh the connection.

If this does not appear please try an alternative device and connection such as a mobile (not on the Wi-Fi) and follow the same procedure.

If you have tried these steps without success or your payment is overdue by more than 14 days then please either provide your username via private message here or call our Customer Services Team on 0800 432 0080 between 07:30 to 22:00 daily to look into the issue and arrange your payment. Please note that call volumes to our Customer Services Team are frequently high, so you may experience wait times longer than usual. At the moment however there is no wait time.

If you would prefer to contact us by Twitter please send a DM with your username via Twitter to @Plusnethelp. Posts sent via our social media pages whether here, Twitter or Facebook are always responded to, we do not however offer an immediate response as all queries need to be investigated so we respond in time order. You can also just send your mobile number by private message if you wish and we would be happy to call you back and take your payment.

I trust this is of help however please do not hesitate to come back to me if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

uk-marky
Dabbler

Hello @LordFoul 

I have a reply on twitter. The restrictions have been lifted. Routing to plus.net is now working. 24 hours later.

plus.net/pay redirects to the member page

There is still no way to pay on the site.

My billing area only shows my last bill, which was incorrect (4x too much)

There is no sign of a payment request

There is no options to pay outstanding amounts

Why when this has been reported on so heavily do Plusnet still have a payment system that does not work?

Why do I have to do 24 hours with restrictions and redirects because of Plusnet system failures?

And, how will Plusnet resolve this?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ uk-marky,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As you had a Direct Debit set up then the payment details would need to be removed and set up again, this option would not be available in a failed payment situation so would need to be done over the phone. This would also encourage a discussion as to the reasons for failed payment and allow opportunities to change the payment account and/or the payment date, if applicable.

With regards to the payment system processes, there are many payment topics discussed on this forum some of which are historic and many of which have been resolved. Rather than generalise, please provide your username by private message so I can specifically look into your account and see what was applicable to your situation.

Thanks - LF

uk-marky
Dabbler

Hi @

I know you're trying to help but generalise?

Sept 2018

Big Plusnet UK Billing Upgrade Suffers Bugs and Personal Data Leak

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/09/big-plusnet-uk-billing-upgrade-suffers-bugs-and-person...

March 2019

Billing Problems Continue to Afflict Customers of UK ISP Plusnet

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/03/billing-problems-continue-to-afflict-customers-of-uk-i...

April 2018

Plusnet complaints more than DOUBLE in just three months as new billing system causes chaos

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8969103/plusnet-complaints-more-than-double-in-just-three-months-as-n...

May 2019

Plusnet complaints skyrocket in Q4 2018

https://www.choose.co.uk/news/2019/plusnet-complaints-increase-new-billing-system/

And here we are, in July 2019, and the link Plusnet send out for payment (along with the threat of service restriction) goes to :

'Error - Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later.'

The Plusnet billing is clearly not fit for purpose. Whilst the majority of direct debits are obviously being processed correctly, those like me, that have issues are clearly not being dealt with in a timely and professional manner.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @uk-marky,

I understand your concern and the links you have supplied relate to known issues that have been identified and investigated, it's not unknown for major company system enhancements leading to issues that crop up in the live environment. A lot of the content that has been discussed is no longer current. Without your username for me to look into I'm unable to establish whether any of the items you have highlighted are relevant to your issue. Please provide this in order for me to be clear on the solution for you.

Thanks - LF

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@LordFoul  but dont forget these problems have been Happening for close to a YEAR Angry and the same excuses are used every day , yes peoples accounts are different but the Common thing is Plusnets new billing system Shocked