Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambles

uk-marky
Dabbler

Shambles

Where to start...

New to Plusnet having moved from what is generally thought of to be the worst Broadband supplier in the UK, TalkTalk.

First bill was incorrect, 4x what it was supposed to be. This was kinda resolved over twitter and credit notes were applied to my account.

First bill DD then failed and I got a warning that if the amount wasn't paid within 14 days then my service would be restricted. 

Email included a link to Plusnet.net/pay page but the page spat out 'Error, sorry, we are not able to complete this request'

Nice work Plusnet

I then couldn't access the Plusnet website at all, a twitter chat explained that Plusnet were having 'routing issues'

Today I received another email saying I had 9 days to pay to avoid restrictions to my service.

Again, no access to the Plusnet website/my account at all. The only part of Plusnet site I can access is the community (albeit extremely slowly). All other domains work perfectly.

I've now noticed that Plusnet are *intercepting* my non https web traffic and redirecting it to failed.billing.plus.net which again does not resolve giving me a 'page not found' error.

This has been sent to the twitter team but they have not replied.

How is it that a UK ISP is unable to route traffic from their customers to their own website?

How is it acceptable for a UK ISP to intercept and re-route traffic to their own non-functioning website?

How is it acceptable that with no email contact addresses and the Plusnet site unreachable that my only written form of support is via twitter where no one is replying?

And yes, I get I could call the customer service line but I have no desire to spend 10 minutes listening to 'your call is important to us' because Plusnet seem unable to operating a billing portal or website. I've also learnt from my TalkTalk experiences that it is crucial to have things in writing.

A total shambles.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

20 REPLIES 20
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Shambles

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

uk-marky
Dabbler

Trafic redirection.

Can anyone tell me how to stop Plusnet intercepting and redirecting my web traffic to their non-functioning website? It's getting really annoying....

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

twitter chat explained that Plusnet were having 'routing issues' Cheesy Cheesy well thats a new one Cool_smiley

Did you not read the Forum before Joining ? there is a Long ongoing issue with the new billing system for the past 10 months with no fix in sight Crazy2

some are easy fixed until next months bill does not appear and they post here again Sad

uk-marky
Dabbler

Yeah, read all about the billing issues but only *after* I'd joined. I'm an idiot..

However, the billing issue is not what's making me mad, it's that they're redirecting web traffic to their payment portal, which DOESN'T WORK! This is now including streaming.

So after saying I have x days left to deal with the payment Plusnet are restricting my internet access which is really not acceptable. Especially when there doesn't seem to be any support channels operating.

Now that streaming has stopped working I'm about to move from annoyed to furious.

How is it possible to be more incompetent than TalkTalk?

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hopefully a staff member will come and sort it out Manually remove restrictions Thumbs_Up

Mav

Moderator's Note(s)

Two threads by the OP merged to keep support in one place.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

uk-marky
Dabbler

Mav, there are multiple issues here.

- Billing shambles.

- Plusnet 'Routing issues' stopping me access plus.net.

- Plusnet redirecting my traffic.

- Requests for help being ignored.

I'm not sure these all belong in one post in the billing forum?

Mav

From what I can tell the other four issues are likely to stem from the billing one.

uk-marky
Dabbler

I wouldn't really agree.

The biggest problem is that there seems to be zero support.

No access to online chat

No response via twitter

See attached for comments on the help line

And only Moderators on the forums.

Mav

@uk-marky 

To be fair, it is the weekend and the community forums aren't always fully staffed.

I am sure a member of the Help Team will respond by sometime Monday.

uk-marky
Dabbler

Hi Mav,

I paid £200 up front for my contract, I do not think waiting until Monday for 'support' is a good answer

The payment portal has clearly been broken since last year.

Plusnet are penalising a paying customer for their failure to fix their issues.

Really not acceptable.

I realise that you are a mod, not support, but this needs to be flagged and sorted.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Trafic redirection.

Hi @uk-marky

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Can you please confirm if you have an outstanding bill due? This usually only happens if fees are owed to ourselves or in some instances a Direct Debit is not against the account which flags up the payment splash screen. 

If you have paid your bill and this is still happening, please clear your cookies and cache via the device you are using to browse. 

Kind Regards

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @uk-marky

Apologies for my response to your other post. My system didn't show you had created more than one. 

Can you please PM your account username as I have been unable to find your account? 

Kind Regards

uk-marky
Dabbler

Re: Trafic redirection.

Hi @OllieC 

Whilst I have paid £200 in advance, my first DD failed. I therefore have my 1st month outstanding. If I could access anything other than the community forum I'd have cleared it but all attempts to access plus.net give me a 404 error.

I get that mistakes happen (my 1st bill was way over the amount owed) but there are forum posts going back months about people being unable to access the payment portal. 

The messages sent to me stated that I had 14 days to sort payment before my account was restricted. As I could not access the account page I set a reminder to try again after 10 days in case the payment portal had been sorted. For some reason, my access got restricted anyway.

Plusnet are now intercepting and redirecting my web traffic to the non-functioning payment page, a well documented issue going back to last year.

I've tried to pay online.

I've tried resolution via twitter without a reply.

I have no access to the online chat facility.

The last time I looked at plusnethelp on twitter it was people complaining about call waiting times.

I've asked for this to be escalated as a complaint on twitter but had no response.

I've made every effort to resolve this but have ended up with limited internet access for my troubles.

I think the correct response is not to ask for my account ID to make an exception but to make the payment portable accessible to *all* Plusnet customers. To respond to requests for help on twitter. And maybe, to allow Plusnet customers access the plus.net website?