cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup issues, early billing, cancellation.

Moontoya
Dabbler

Setup issues, early billing, cancellation.

SO, august, I sign up for plus.net, referred by a friend.
I sign up for the 3 months `free` broadband on the no bandwidth counted between midnight and 8am
September, I 'miss' the installation, despite nobody from BT showing up or calling
pay 50 quid for another install
11th october, line is installed and I have dial tone, call Plus.net, ask for dsl to be turned on, be done in a week they say
18th october, no dsl, no phone line, nada
11th november, dsl is finally up and working.
10 december, I end up moving to a new property and intend to call into cancel service since Im still in the 90 day window
12th december Im billed 65 quid, apparently somehow despite only really downloading between those hours Ive blown past my gb cap twice.

So, I think Ive been overbilled, I shouldnt -have- the broadband fee yet, I mean its only really the start of hte 2nd full month of service, connection quality has been iffy with pings to specific servers bouncing between 300ms and 800ms, be it on ethernet or wifi.
Im stuck in a call center myself so I dont have time/opportunity to make calls, to top it all off BT have decided that the 15 quid I preloaded on my phone 5 days ago and havent made any calls means Im out of call time.

So PlusNet, I no longer reside in that property, Im happy to return the Thomson router, I want to cancel service and Id like my bill revisted cos I certainly dont think I was due to be hit with the full fee.  I suppose the system may see September as my start date, but since I had all the aggro and problems and didnt actually get service til November, I think its a bit cheeky to start the billing cycle.
I can be reached via email on my on account address (or via sms on my cell).
Im not unhappy with the service, the staff have been great, but Im now living in a new house with someone who already has plus.net, so theres no way to have 2 dsl connections.
Sort it out please.
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Setup issues, early billing, cancellation.

Your 'free' broadband' is free on the monthly subscription.
Plusnet charge for the activation but payment for this is deferred, if you stay with Plusnet for a year they write it off and you pay nothing, if you leave within a year you have to pay it in full (note that Plusnet will have already paid BT for the activation on your behalf). This fee is £25.
There is a standard cancellation charge for terminating broadband on a line (again a fee Plusnet have to pay to BT) which is £25.
The router is again deferred for a year, if you stay it is written off, if you leave within a year it has to be paid in full. If it was a wired router the cost is £20, wireless it is £40. Plusnet have never accepted routers back as the cost to them of testing and restocking would be more than it costs them to but them in the first place.
I reckon that cancelling your account is going to cost you £70 or £90 depending on the type of router.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moontoya,
I'm afraid we can't take a forum post as a request to cancel, you'll need to call the Customer Options team on 0845 140 6002 or write a letter in. We'll be able to look into this for you as soon as that's been done though.
Moontoya
Dabbler

I've had a bit of change of heart, what is the feasibility of moving my dsl to another premises that already has DSL, Im thinking that a seperate connection might not be a bad idea since my room mate needs to work from home a lot with fairly heavy vpn/remote desktop use.
A 2nd line might be a pretty good idea.
Should I contact sales?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Awesome, thanks for that. By the sounds of it you'll be wanting the house moves team, I think they're an option on the main phone number (0845 1400200) - they'll be able to get things sorted for you.
Moontoya
Dabbler

I`ll give them a buzz when I load some time on my cell phone, for some reason 0845 numbers dont register for my `free` call time on my o2 cell
Can they check into the billing issue as well ?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the 0845 is only free from the PN line to the PN call centre, or from a phone provider that gives it, i.e. BT or PM talk, never on a mobile