Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up authorised account holder

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Setting up authorised account holder

I note that the response in Help & Support to the question: ‘Can I set up an authorised contact for an account?’ is ‘Yes you can. This will allow someone to handle your account and talk to us when you’re not able to. To set this up, just get in touch.’  I am now getting in touch. How do I go about it?

4 REPLIES 4
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Setting up authorised account holder

I'm an authorised user and this is how we did it....

The main account holder and the (soon to be) authorised user call them.

The MAH has to pass the security Q's and say that they wish to add an Auth user, some details are taken.

Auth user speaks to them (more of an introduction) and MAH finishes the call.

No idea if this can be done online or by one of the community staffers...?

ajax
Rising Star

Thank you. I couldn't find this information anywhere in Help & Support. We'll give it a go by 'phone.

ajax
Rising Star

Further to my last message I've just used the Chat online facility and have learnt that my spouse is already an authorised account holder. I don't know how that came about but it's resolved the problem. To my mind the subject could sensibly be given a bit more prominence in Help & Support.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I've just used the Chat online facility and have learnt that my spouse is already an authorised account holder.

There's every chance you may have set this up some time ago and forgotten you'd done it.

I do, when I call, or reply to tickets, always mention I'm an authorised user and apart from one 'hiccup',all other staffers have been fine.

Anyways, glad to hear you've sorted it (and confirmed it) Wink