cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service restricted after paying bill

ToTheMoon
Dabbler

Service restricted after paying bill

Last night my internet went out after working fine previously and I thought it just might be a temporary outage as this happens from time to time but this morning it’s still not come back on. I decided to log into my account on member centre and find that I have a message waiting for me saying that my service is restricted despite me paying my bill?? Even the balance shows £0 and there’s no bill to pay to resolve this, router is not getting a connection to broadband at all now. I’ve checked my email and there’s nothing there to explain, received no texts to let me know that I’m restricted either. How can I be restricted after being up to date with bills?? This has to be an error on plusnets end, the bill for this month isn’t even due until the 14th.

Completely ridiculous
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Service restricted after paying bill

Thanks for your post @ToTheMoon

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues getting online after paying your bill.

I've checked your account & connection and I can't see any problems.

As your router's been connected to the internet for 16 days with no drops, can you try turning it off and on?

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ToTheMoon
Dabbler

Restarting my router was the first thing I tried, it’s been on an orange light since last night.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @ToTheMoon

Upon further investigation, I think we're looking at a different issue here that's not to do with your payments. 

Can you try logging into your router's settings through following the below steps?

1. Connect a device onto the router's WiFi or plug a laptop/PC into the router using an ethernet cable
2. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254
3. Click on the Advanced Settings tab
4. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button
5. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab
6. If there's a Disconnect button, click that
7. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net If you can't remember this I'd check for any emails we've sent you for example an email with you bill on as we'd add the username to the top of the email.
8. Type in the account password, you can reset it here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed
9. Hit the Connect button.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ToTheMoon
Dabbler

Problem resolved

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation @ToTheMoon

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet