cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
jasonjay

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

I've got exactly the same issue, failed payment they then restrict my service so I call up to have restrictions removed on friday. This morning I get email saying got 9 days yo pay to avoid restrictions yet they restrict my service there and then
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There’s light weight reminder “restrictions” (splash screen) which appear on day 1, 5 & 10 of failure to pay when the invoice is raised (which is the payment due date) and other draconian “restrictions” which occur after 14 days.

Generally all restrictions are readily avoided by having active automatic payment arrangements (a direct debit or payment card) registered on the account.

Recurrence of the slash screen is also remedied by making a payment. If your current payment date is not convenient you can change it through the user portal after any outstanding balance has been cleared.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @jasonjay,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that, I appreciate this has caused you concern. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

I've checked your details and can see you have called us to discuss this here and the issue is now resolved.

If you require any further assistance, please do come back to us.

Thanks - LF

vendetta
Rising Star

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!!

YEP  
It Is that time again when you want to pay your bill

But you can't because restrictions are placed immediately as soon as it is generated, and of course you can't access the Plusnet account site at all. 

EVEN, IF YOU COULD- THERE IS NOT EVEN A PAYMENT METHOD SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY PAY.

Why was the ''PAY YOUR BILL NOW'' Removed from accounts?

Honestly Every month after month, after month, this is not acceptable anymore.

Perhaps Plusnet should do a free monthly Lotto instead to see who does not get Restricted at 0.1 Seconds after bill generation.

'''Please Remove restrictions '''

vendetta
Rising Star

Shills need not respond Thumbs_Up

Repeat '''Please Remove Restrictions'''

vendetta
Rising Star

plusfail.jpgCrazy2 Grin Knuppel

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @vendetta

I can see my colleague Dave has responded to your other post. 

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

ToTheMoon
Dabbler

I am having these same problems after calling 3 or 4 times the last few days and been told it should be fixed within 2 hours nothing has changed except before this morning some websites worked weirdly even while my service was restricted.. now nothing loads and all is restricted even though I have til the 28th to pay my bill. I’ve given up calling to ask for it fixed as each time nothing has changed, earlier today someone at plusnet was resetting my router by it changed nothing I even tried to factory reset it and it’s still not working. Completely restricted still.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @ToTheMoon

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened.

I can see this request is with the relevant team and we'll get that resolved as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ToTheMoon
Dabbler

I appreciate the reply but im afraid I dont have much confidence in the relevant team sorting this out as I've been told multiple times over the last couple days that it would be and nothing has changed.. as I work online I need my service to be available whenever. If its not sorted today I'll have no choice but to cancel. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I'll have no choice but to cancel

There are other choices here - having an automated payment arrangement set up on the account avoids the issues for the vast majority of users.

Where do you get the perspective that you do not need to pay the bill until the 28th July?

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

5.4. You may see your bills within your online account and we’ll email you when a new bill is available to view. You must pay the bill as soon as you receive the email that your bill is available. Payment must be made by Direct Debit or debit or credit card (with the exception of American Express and corporate cards), unless we advise you otherwise.

6.1. If you don't pay your bill, we'll remind you (for example by calling or interrupting your broadband service). If we still don't receive payment we may:

6.1.2. suspend providing the service or end our agreement. We normally won't do this until 14 days after your bill was available to view (please note paragraph 16.3 may apply);

Nothing in the T&Cs gives you 14 days to pay whilst retaining an uninterrupted service.  Having automated payment arrangements or paying the bill as soon as the email arrives avoids encountering such interruptions.  The choice to not do so is the user's, consequently you do have choices here other than leaving, which might bring the possibility of having early termination charges to pay as well as what is owed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

The likely reason you have not been able to make the payment would be due to you paying by Direct Debit in which case you would get a splash screen advising of the failed payment. This screen, which appears for 14 days after the failed payment, would also show an 'or you can acknowledge and continue browsing' link beneath the 'log in and pay' button at the middle of the page. Clicking this link will dismiss the splash screen and allow you to continue browsing. The splash screen also has a 'pay now' button on it that would direct you to Member Centre login.,,, From https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Shambles/m-p/1657074/highlight/true#M42667

6.1.2. suspend providing the service or end our agreement. We normally won't do this until 14 days after your bill was available to view (please note paragraph 16.3 may apply);

vendetta
Rising Star

Honestly I am sure some don't read what the original T&C were when joining I have them in Black & White.
It has nothing to do with direct Debit Choice!
Seriously some need to read all previous posts and stop in some way acting as Shrills!
There is a problem and that's a fact! 

Again it worked no problem before the update to the billing services, so please those who think they know it all !
Stop giving repeated non helpful misleading so called advice.!

You are not helping at all. Ticked_off Roll_eyes

vendetta
Rising Star

Also, to add I have spoken to management verbally as well as they have confirmed in writing and 100% agreed there is a major problem and that the client is not to blame. The client has the choice to pay by Visa/or Debit Card.

Enough said '''It Is A Failure Of The Plusnet Updated Billing System'''

Denzle
Grafter

This is indeed an ongoing issue. Same old story....immediate restrictions on the billing day!! I’m getting to dread the 22nd of every month. Just paid my bill via the helpline and my restrictions were removed within 10 minutes. A very helpful gentleman took payment and acknowledged this problem is still unresolved. Any light at the end of the tunnel?