Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

@Townman Yeah what you've said is my understanding.

Ideally if you setup an ongoing payment method and change your billing date appropriately, your account should never fall into failed payment but we appreciate it's not always straight forward like that.

@jellybeanz If there's no way at all you'd be able to speak to us over the phone to pay (I'd personally be happy to call you if you like) I'd have to refer you to our accessibility support page Here in the hope that it helps. There's two services which may help, next generation/text relay or third party account management, the latter being that someone pays on your behalf.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

Well it's that time of Month again !

Even though my Bill is supposed to be generated on the 21st of every month - It seems some Reps may be lacking some education once the clock passes 00 on the 20th of said month it becomes the 21st, perhaps some in Plusnet could or should  teach some of their staff how the time works the days etc 24 hr clock.

So anyway I can not pay my bill' even by telephone because it has still not generated the bill yet even though it is the 21st of the month and was after 00:00 hrs on the 20th that's right after midnight the date changes - Just letting some Plusnet reps be aware of that fact - So it is now the 21st at 10:30am 'OH Hang on my Bill it has not generated yet !

So I have access to my Plusnet account at this moment in time like I always do--- But I can guarantee you 100% once that bill is generated I cannot gain access to my Plusnet account!!

Its like a waiting game or like waiting for the Jack in the box to pop up - Plusnet not only are showing Amateur and unprofessional conduct, but they can't tell the time that the 21st starts after the 20th after midnight 00:00 hrs lol 

I should know it has been the same cycle since 2018 so this is a forewarning to Plusnet ''' To please remove RESTRICTION which will happen as usual at said time the generation of my bill is created  '''

Yes it is getting very boring every month the same ole same scripted rubbish read out and written by the Reps and the Blah' Blah' ''We have this under investigation and it is being fixed''

Well from all our side and points of view the lies and spill since 2018 = Whatever!  Buck2 Crazy3

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @vendetta,

I can see @LordFoul has already been in touch and provided a further response over your support ticket here. I can completely understand why you'd be feeling this frustrated, I can only reassure you we are working on this issue and well update you via that ticket should anything change in the meantime.

Thanks.

mark010881

hi my bill is due tommorow the 1st sept 2019 but ive had restrictions applied to my account since today the 31st, im unable to pay my bill until the 10th, could i have the restrictions removed from my acc please so i can play xbox live,, thanks, also a link usually appears so we can remove the restrictions ourselfs for the 14 day period but i no longer see this link ?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @mark010881 I can see you've given us a call this morning since posting on this thread.

Hopefully you got your query resolved.

However, if you need anything further, please feel free to get back to us.

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Im having these issues also and the plus.net website is not accessible and hasnt been since before the due bill... can somebody please check my account>? I have posted but nobody has replied

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @snadge.

I've checked your account and I can't see any restrictions in place at this moment in time.

Can you advise if you're still having issues? If so can you try rebooting your router

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
paulcanter

I too am having restrictions after a cancelled DD. I rang your billing team today and was told there are no restrictions on my service and that when the failed billing "comes back to you", that Dan will call me to take a manual payment, which BTW I offered to pay today...!!! The failed billing site comes up all the time, but with no ability to continue for the 14 day grace period. My firestick will not connect at all, and the address on the text reminder that you sent me does not load either. Not happy...!!!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is no 14 day grace period. Payment is due the day the bill is generated.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

If a payment fails, we'll email or text you to let you know. The next time you go online you'll be taken to a payment page. If you still don't pay, we'll remind you again after five, and then ten, days.

If you still haven't paid after 14 days, your internet access will be limited to our payment page, and your next phone call will come to us. A call bar charge of £5.76 will be added to your outstanding balance, along with a £7.50 administration charge. You'll still be able to call the emergency services. 

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/paying-your-bill/

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Indeed but that’s not a grace period as in “payment terms 14 days”. Bills are payable on presentation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @paulcanter,

Really sorry to hear you are having trouble with the restrictions on the account and the billing issues.

I have sent a request off to get this removed, it can take up to 4 hours although may be sooner.

- Maddy

vendetta
Rising Star

Got to that point of just Bored So bored with trying & dealing with Plusnet!

This was a while back so have a read it you want to get more zzz 
The truth being that the whole billing system has been in chaos since the change, not just from the Mobile side.
The management and higher support tier teams are not doing their Jobs.
To also point out some so called helpers on here are just shills' can't name them sadly.
 Plusnet has ZERO excuse for this problem to have not been resolved by now!

IT has become so boring and drawn out now with excuses and same old scripts being put out misleading customers over & over. 
End Of!

Lyn1

4.35 today I received a notification from Plusnet saying they haven’t had my payment this month. The message give me a link to pay so I click on it and quess what they have restricted my service, all within 1 minute of me receiving the text. This is the second time you have done this on the first day of the notification that the payment had failed. Isn’t it time management sorted this out. Having just spoken to some poor guy who got the worst of my frustration on the phone. I did apologise as it’s not his fault.

My patience with this company is very thin. Having been upgraded from broadband to fibre broadband 2 years ago and they didn’t even check to see if we were actually the speeds we were promised. SHAME ON YOU. I’m a 60 year old who didn’t know enough to check the speeds we were receiving so paid for fibre for 2 Years and getting speeds of 6 to 10 mbps on a good day. I had a woman out who spotted the problem in under 30 seconds, hey presto my speed was over 30 mbps. Wow what a difference. All they offered me was £9 something. I’m moving soon and I very much doubt that Plusnet will be coming with me.

You make yourselves out to be a caring company but I’m not impressed with the care you have shown this customer.

I am so disappointed with the treatment that I have received from this company 

Conholio

Dear Lyn, it appears that they do not care, have not and will not resolve the payment issues. It is clear that every customer that pays via alternative routes must have to wait until the service is restricted before you can access to payment page, in this day and age this is not acceptable and so plusnet will not be my next ISP.

As for the internet speeds, I would advise to make a complaint - if that does not resolve, make a complaint to the ombudsman / ofcom as you may be entitled to a discount for the lower speed usage between then and now for all that you have paid or from when ofcom have introduced the new rules.

Kind Regards