Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
vendetta
Rising Star

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

Grin  @Gandalf 
First of look back on past posts from me or previous communication with your teams.
I feel offended by such things as clear cookies etc I am an X Cisco trained server and communications engineer and even worked on mobile networks as well as open reach. Funny

Thanks 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@vendetta Sorry to see you feel that way. I'm just trying to help and get a better understanding of what's happening, because there seems to be more at play here as there is no way that a failed payment service offer on a broadband account can affect a mobile data connection. As always I'm interested to know more and get to the bottom of an issue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

I respect that response. Please understand because I have done all the above as well as been in touch with your support high tier team and sent evidence including the use of trying to pay even using 3G as well as 4G on 3 different networks it becomes frustrating repeating myself as it does for other's I am sure having the issue which is many of your clients.

I must stress that this happens and the issue persists mainly when the bill is immediately generated and then myself the client has zero access through Wi-Fi or mobile networks to my personal account using any format.

When I ring and pay the bill this problem seems to go most times.

But I believe the website is just poorly made and the changes only started to happen regular after the so called Billing Major Update.

I appreciate your help but there is more than enough history and information and proof going back to 2018 about the issue.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

While I get what you've said it's just not technically possible for us to affect your mobile data. 

Can you advise on the below please?

Did you browse to plus.net while on 4G or browse when on WiFi then switch 4G off? 

I'm wondering are you receiving that error before or after you login to your account?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

To answer the question you have asked.

I have tried both.
Tried with Wi-Fi direct.
Reset and tried with 4G.
The exact same thing happens and again tried on 3 different networks using Data 4G : Vodafone/ O2 / EE 

The error is the same as shown previously even on 3G at the time when we tried that and 4G when we tried that.
Again all this evidence has already been passed to your Higher Tier Support Team, unless your company lied about that being passed.

I hope that is clear.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail @vendetta 

As per my previous response, do you get that error before you log into your account or after?

With regards to a "higher tier support team" you've said you've discussed this with, I've read through the tickets on your account and I can't see this? The replies seem to be (understandably) from CS and social media advisers. The engineers who are working on fixing the issue generally aren't customer facing/would reply to a ticket on your account.

Could you point me in the right direction by providing me with a ticket reference you are referring to?

Thanks again.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

As per my previous response.
Both before and after.

Please read what I documented in the past carefully.
If you cannot find the Team that were dealing with this issue that reassured me they were a higher tier team then that is not my problem or my job to deal with an issue that dates back as far back as 2018.
To go through every correspondence over this issue is not my responsibility.

In fact, I am getting very frustrated even trying with Plusnet and the continuing cycle I keep going through on this same route issue even though others also have provided the exact same evidence or proof as I have I feel like I am going round & round in circles.

Showing or providing evidence as well as correspondence about this issue.

So it only shows that it seems I was lied to by certain Representatives = Not good for progress.

I have made it clear time & time again I repeat below

For example when the bill is generated on said date as soon as that happens you cannot gain access to the client account that being no access through even Mobile 4G to pay it whether that is by Data or Wi-Fi.
I have made this very clear in past communications with your team.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@vendetta I can confirm this is raised as an incident for our engineers to investigate further that our incident management team are managing, however the people from our engineering team and incident team are not customer facing.

As said before there is obviously something else at play, as it is not possible for a mobile data connection to be affected by your broadband account. This is because there is absolutely no link between them. Technically not feasible.

With that in mind, to clarify are you suggesting that when we've restricted your broadband account, you are unable to browse to the URL http://www.plus.net on a completely unrelated connection? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

{ With that in mind, to clarify are you suggesting that when we've restricted your broadband account, you are unable to browse to the URL http://www.plus.net on a completely unrelated connection? } 

Correct as explained so many times. 
Having zero access to my account at the time of the bill being generated as soon as that happens there is zero access to my personal account on any format or platform until the restriction are lifted & the only way to do that is to physically call your company and pay by card over the landline or request the restriction be lifted. To add when access is granted there is NO
Pay Bill Now Option  although at the same time still having access to Twitter or other websites before restrictions are lifted only some websites will not work including your own until restrictions are lifted..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification @vendetta 

Based on what you've said, it looks like you're having issues accessing your account to pay the online bill once the payment fails as opposed being unable to simply browse to our external site from a different mobile data connection.

Unfortunately this is would likely be related to the problem we've got open with our incident management team and we're working on fixing, which I can't advise on a timeframe when it will be resolved. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nick001
Grafter

Same problem again. Could restrictions be removed please
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Nick001 - I've requested for those to be removed for you now - my apologies for the inconvenience.

Best wishes

Dave

Conholio

I have had the same issues. It looks to me as if Plusnet are well aware of this and are directly applying it. I had an email saying that my bill was late and that I had 14 days to pay it until' restrictions' were applied. The website doesn't give access to make a payment online with a card, they provide you with a link that does not work, it does not work until the restriction is applied and you access it from an internet connection other than your own, this payment facility should be available all of the time from any account at any time.

So plusnet are doing a number of things:-

1) Telling you you have 14 days to make payment until restrictions are applied (wrong, they are applying them before that);

2) Causing alarm and panic - making some technicially minded people think that there is a SSL problem (the problem being that they have created a notion that there is an SSL strip in progress) because the restrictions are not allowing access to non SSL websites whilst there is a 'restriction' in place (this made me turn off all wireless connections and manually connect via ethernet lead to find the same problem existing and also alerted my norton think there was an intrusion);

3) Failing to provide the service you are and have paid for.

Remember that, whilst payment is a condition for receipt of the service (it is a condition of the contract) providing the full service is also a condition of the contract. Late payment cannot justify them putting these restrictions in place until they tell you they are going to, secondly they are not cooperating with customers if they only provide the payment facility when you are restricted and so by failing to cooperate, they are effectively causing you inconvenience. I'd take a good calculated legal analysis and say that this would be a fundamental breach of contract (taking a service away which you are paying for, albeit, even if late) and or an unfair term (totally unenforceable even if they are unlawfully enforcing it). They cannot truly be giving anyone any credit if they don't allow access to it.

Now people could say, well, 'pay your bill on time', my reply would be, that is all fine and dandy but they must provide a facility other than direct debit for those that need it, this is the essence of cooperation. They must also provide advance notice that payment of a bill is required within a certain time frame instead of simply restricting accounts and making people geuss when payment is due. Most reputable companies email you saying your bill is ready to view and must be paid within blah blah days so you don't have to remember each month roughly when it could be due.

Plusnet are not the only company to be naughty, there are others. They should be shunned too if they continue in this manner. It might also be right to say that if you do not accept there breach of contract (your restriction of a service) this could entitle you to leave the contract and seek alternatives.

vendetta
Rising Star

Extremely well put @Conholio . 

Also, added to my investigations on the legal side which I am  in now talks with different Agencies about legal and contractual obligations while also accumulating a substantial amount of Data and Evidence in Black and White dating back to early 2018 including Taped recordings which Plusnet have copies of  their own at their end and of course by Law I advise all representatives immediately they are being recorded this end before further talks go ahead, this is for my records and it is their choice to accept that or not, and that representative is given that information before the issue is discussed as well as giving the choice to be recorded verbally as is required by Law.

I would advise the Plusnet management including support high tier teams that this is being investigated by Resolver as well as other agencies, and I am sure legal contact will be made through the correct channels to Plusnet in the very near future for the failings to date.
This will be including British Telecom/ Wholesale as Plusnet is a subsidiary of British Telecom.

jellybeanz
Grafter

Could somebody please unblock plus.net/pay for me so that I am able to pay my bill? I am unable to view the main plus.net site at all. I can't believe this is still happening almost a YEAR on!