Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

Hi @Denzle 

Sorry for the issues you're experiencing, I can confirm that this is something we're aware of and investigating. Unfortunately I'm unable to advise a timeframe as to when it will be resolved.

As a workaround when your bill generates next month if it fails to be taken automatically, are you able to log into your account then go to http://www.plus.net/pay from a different connection like mobile data? You should then be able to browse to plus.net domains normally and be able to make a payment online using a debit or credit card.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Denzle
Grafter

Thank you for your comments Gandalf. I’ll do as you bid next month and see how it goes. Unfortunately as soon as the restrictions hit I can’t get on anything relating to webmail/members section/community even on my mobile. I’ll try again next month. Thank you.

Denzle

Katiebbaby123
Grafter

Using your mobile data doesn’t work. I tried numerous times previously I could only pay via ringing up. I’ve switched providers now due to ongoing issues with my broadband account over the past few months. I’m supposedly on super fast broadband yet my sons tv constantly buffers, my connection is slow of an evening and constantly using my 3g. Customer service is awful aside from one “Ben “ he was super helpful and apologetic, he refunded me and understood my issue.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Denzle 

I’ll do as you bid next month and see how it goes. Unfortunately as soon as the restrictions hit I can’t get on anything relating to webmail/members section/community even on my mobile. I’ll try again next month. Thank you.

That's odd, are you definitely using mobile data on your mobile phone? Any restrictions/interruptions we place on your broadband connection will not have any effect on any other connections. Let me know how how it goes next month. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

@Gandalf 
I have already provided proof that even using Data or 3g or 4g it still does not work.
I provided this evidence not only with screen shots but actual live online communication with the higher tier teams of support proving this.
If the team were to take notice of previous evidence provided many of the team would be aware of this fact.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @vendetta 

Sorry I don't understand (and I'm happy to be wrong) how your mobile data connection is affected by an interruption caused by a failed payment service offer on your broadband account when your mobile data is completely unrelated.

When the issue happens next can you ensure you are on mobile data and post a screenshot showing this. It appears this screenshot of yours is from a laptop/computer and there isn't any indication what connection was being used.

Thanks in advance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

Here we go again even though past proof of phone screen shots were sent to support tier teams.
Now this is using -- https://www.plus.net/pay as an example tried on 3 different phones using 3 different networks.
Screen shots examples.

vendetta
Rising Star

vendetta
Rising Star

Would you like them in a JPEG format? Or is PNG sufficient.

vendetta
Rising Star

Tell you what I will do. seeing as your team keep saying it will be fixed since September 2018 !

Also, full admittance there is a fault in writing by management and support top tier teams.

On round 2000 < Exaggeration of course lol  On the next 21st of my bill when generated I will JPEG screen shots for you and your teams benefit even though this has been done previously. 

Would that please your team?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've discussed this with a colleague and it's not really technically possible for your broadband account to affect the browsing of your mobile data connection so I'm wondering are you receiving that error before or after you login to your account? Are you also definitely on a 3G or 4G connection when you went to a plus.net domain? The screenshots don't show this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jasonjay

How can I stop email notifications for this thread as it's rather annoying having emails come through every 5 mins
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jasonjay, if you go to Thread options at the top then click Unsubscribe, that should do the trick Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vendetta
Rising Star

Yes it does @Gandalf 
Try looking again it clearly shows 4g Shocked

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@vendetta Sorry it turns out the Windows 10 Photos app seems to be zooming in a little when I open the picture which is cropping the top of the screenshot off. Embarrassed I'm more of a Mac person! Roll_eyes

Did you browse to plus.net while on 4G or browse when on WiFi then switch 4G off? Can you also try clearing cookies and cache from your web browser, as well as advise the below:

@Gandalf wrote:

I'm wondering are you receiving that error before or after you login to your account? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet