Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
vendetta
Rising Star

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

@smiffy1 wrote:

@vendetta  see you next month Shocked Crazy2

I agree with you 100% @smiffy1  Plusnet standards are becoming in truth worse and really unprofessional & and embarrassment to their so called ' We'll Do You Proud ' Embarrassed

vendetta
Rising Star

Yet again I had to phone and pay that way - Your company is failing terribly. Again if this continues I will leave after all these years to another IP Without Charge due to Plusnet failures false promises and blatant lies which are in black and white as evidence!
Seriously Plusnet and it's Top team management etc need to get a handle on this nearly 2 year issue as the excuses are getting a bit thin now. 
This is not aimed at the poor front line workers who have to put up with ear bashing phone calls etc

So Management or Webmaster and billing top tier get your act together.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Is there a difficulty in setting up a direct debit or registering a payment card so that payment might be collected automatically when due so as to avoid the splash screen entirely and all of this stress to you?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vendetta
Rising Star

@Townman wrote:

Is there a difficulty in setting up a direct debit or registering a payment card so that payment might be collected automatically when due so as to avoid the splash screen entirely and all of this stress to you?

It is not just me @Townman as explained not everybody wants to use Direct Debit or have their Visa etc or card details held online. This could be for personal or even security reasons. I was in fact a victim of direct debit fraud a few years back details which of course are personal.

I appreciate the information and of course I am aware of all those options to what you have advised and it is a valid perception as well as option, although please keep in mind this was not a problem for 1000s of customers until the billing changes were updated by their billing teams as admitted by Plusnet themselves.

The payment choice should be the customers choosing and it should not be an issue at all. This was always agreed by Plusnet when joining and in their Original Terms And Agreements dating back from 2013 in fact even before that 2007 I believe unless that has changed.

Thanks @Townman for your input mind you.
All best. Thumbs_Up

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @vendetta 

Thank you for sharing the details. Thumbs_Up

In the circumstances you describe (set) the approach seems more than reasonable, especially having been the unfortunate victim of DD fraud - thankfully usually more manageable with the bank's DD guarantees, whereas (in comparison) similar card fraud is much harder to deal with. Undecided

There are apparently some issues with the...

1. splash screen being displayed without the continue option
  2. splash screen not being displayed at all due to
    • Connection refused
    • Connection timing out
    • Server not being found
  3. access to the payment page failing (similar to the above)
  4. access to Plusnet servers failing (similar to the above)
  5. payment page failing to load having accessed the user account
  6. payment failing having successfully avoided 1-5 above

I am not convinced that all of the above are the same issue, which is why you might have noticed that I'm asking questions on what people do see, rather than what they fail to achieve.

I think I am correct in believing that when in failed payment one's network routing is modified.  I also believe that in some circumstances, removing the browsing restriction, also removes the outstanding balance from the on-line payment system, thereby leaving only the telephone as the means to pay the bill.

I am not convinced that after having had the splash screen removed and paid the account, that there is not still some remnants of issues left behind.  The SUs are watching this space and are trying to profile the characteristics of the user experiences to inform discussions with Plusnet.

Always looking at the end point rather than how one arrived there is not always helpful.  Your input as to the reasons why you have no automated payment method, identifies a particular logic path into failed payment - having no automated payments set up on the account produces a different failed payment workflow compared to having automated payments set up but the attempt to collect funds failed.

Looking at the splash screen display failures, I suspect that at least one user reporting splash screen issues and access to payment page problems might be falling foul of the old TG582n spoofed IP address issue and be (in detail) nothing specifically with the core billing problem.

I very much doubt that this is an issue contained entirely within the billing system.  I suspect that it is somewhere in the glue (the workflow) between billing, network management and the CRM systems.  Fixing this is likely to involve not just finding and fixing the cause of the problem, but also working out how to get the workflow states of all of the accounts set to where they need to be.  In my experience, it is getting all of the actives workflow cases into the right state to be then processed through the repaired logic which is the more difficult task.

Process work flow systems are great when they work, but real pigs to deal with when they squeal!

For clarity, none of the above is from information within the SU community - it is speculation based on a good number of years implementing, running and diagnosing workflow process automation systems - a task I am content that I have no further need to engage in! Crazy3

Cheers - time for beer! Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vendetta
Rising Star

@Townman wrote:

Hi @vendetta 

Thank you for sharing the details. Thumbs_Up

In the circumstances you describe (set) the approach seems more than reasonable, especially having been the unfortunate victim of DD fraud - thankfully usually more manageable with the bank's DD guarantees, whereas (in comparison) similar card fraud is much harder to deal with. Undecided

There are apparently some issues with the...

1. splash screen being displayed without the continue option
  2. splash screen not being displayed at all due to
    • Connection refused
    • Connection timing out
    • Server not being found
  3. access to the payment page failing (similar to the above)
  4. access to Plusnet servers failing (similar to the above)
  5. payment page failing to load having accessed the user account
  6. payment failing having successfully avoided 1-5 above

I am not convinced that all of the above are the same issue, which is why you might have noticed that I'm asking questions on what people do see, rather than what they fail to achieve.

I think I am correct in believing that when in failed payment one's network routing is modified.  I also believe that in some circumstances, removing the browsing restriction, also removes the outstanding balance from the on-line payment system, thereby leaving only the telephone as the means to pay the bill.

I am not convinced that after having had the splash screen removed and paid the account, that there is not still some remnants of issues left behind.  The SUs are watching this space and are trying to profile the characteristics of the user experiences to inform discussions with Plusnet.

Always looking at the end point rather than how one arrived there is not always helpful.  Your input as to the reasons why you have no automated payment method, identifies a particular logic path into failed payment - having no automated payments set up on the account produces a different failed payment workflow compared to having automated payments set up but the attempt to collect funds failed.

Looking at the splash screen display failures, I suspect that at least one user reporting splash screen issues and access to payment page problems might be falling foul of the old TG582n spoofed IP address issue and be (in detail) nothing specifically with the core billing problem.

I very much doubt that this is an issue contained entirely within the billing system.  I suspect that it is somewhere in the glue (the workflow) between billing, network management and the CRM systems.  Fixing this is likely to involve not just finding and fixing the cause of the problem, but also working out how to get the workflow states of all of the accounts set to where they need to be.  In my experience, it is getting all of the actives workflow cases into the right state to be then processed through the repaired logic which is the more difficult task.

Process work flow systems are great when they work, but real pigs to deal with when they squeal!

For clarity, none of the above is from information within the SU community - it is speculation based on a good number of years implementing, running and diagnosing workflow process automation systems - a task I am content that I have no further need to engage in! Crazy3

Cheers - time for beer! Cheesy

Thank you for all that input .
It is late so only a short response to that.
It worked fine for 9 years now it does not - Guess that covers that.
Really appreciate the input after 14 thousand odd posts I am sure you know what you are on about. Thumbs_Up

Also, to add we need people like yourself with knowledge to help put things right so all that you wrote is especially welcomed and greatly received.

Thank You Again  

vendetta
Rising Star

In brief also to add even if you have access to your account there is no pay method by card as there once was like 'Pay Now'
That Pay Now no longer exists on the clients account page at all and the team Plusnet reps have had many reports about this as well as complaints.

So what did they do with removing the Pay Now feature from the clients account page billing I wonder.

Kim481
Hooked

Broadband restricted again! Please remove restrictions as it hasn’t been 14 days since bill due. Same issue every single month, about time you sorted this out!
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately they are unable to fix it Sad you cant believe it took 8 years to bring this new system in , and has been borked from day 1 Crazy2  10 months ago

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Kim481

Your payment is due on the day the bill is raised - see the T&Cs. If you do not have automated payment arrangements on the account it will fall into failed payment and the splash screen reminding you to pay will be presented. That reminder screen has a continue browsing button (I understand to be) bear the bottom.

There are however some wrinkles!

Do you have automatic payment arrangements registered?

Do you see the splash screen?

Do you see the continue button?

Not having an automated payment arrangement will put you into failed payment on the day the bill is raised every month. The 14 days you refer to is not an extended credit arrangement for customers to extend their cash flow, it is simply a period of time to allow DDs to be processed.

vendetta
Rising Star

Just to ask @Townman do you or did you work for Plusnet?
I would like to point out yet again mind you '' It worked fine for 9 years now it does not ''
Also in one of my previous post as I stated from the joining of Plusnet in there T&G at that time it was accepted with no problems that a client could pay by card without registering that card or using direct debit.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

alfarom1923
Hooked

The 14 days isn't the time it takes to process a DD... The website clearly states that the service will be restricted if payment isn't received after 14 days.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No I do not and never have worked for PlusNET. I have though been around the forums a good while and as a super user had discussions on how the payment failure restrictions work.

If there are no automated payment facilities in place an account will fall into failed payments on day one.

There appears to be a couple of gremlins with the process for some users: the continue button not appearing; connection timing out; connection being refused. Whilst these manifestations might be associated with failed payment, I doubt they have the same cause.

The 14 days allows time for a failed DD to be resubmitted. Whatever payment is due on the day the bill is issued.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Kim481, it looks like this has now been removed for you.

Just to add to what @Townman has advised, once the account has hit failed billing, the interruptions are applied on On Days 1, 5 & 10 and as mentioned, there should be the option to 'acknowledge and continue browsing' when this happens (viewable on browsers, not on Apps).

If you're unable to see this option your side (if your account hits one of the above days before making payment) please let us know and we'll remove it again this side for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

If you read the posts here , Restrictions are applied on Day 0.5 , some never get to day 2 never mind 5 or 10 Shocked