Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
Kim481
Hooked

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

Well back here again as it is that time of the month! Lol

Restrictions put on account 1 day after payment due. Please remove these ASAP.

This thread has been marked as fixed but from reading through all of the other posts, it looks like this issue is far from fixed!
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Kim481

Unfortunately this is an ongoing issue that is still affecting a handful of our customers and the relevant team are still working on a fix. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and I completely understand your frustration.

Thank you for your continued patience while we get this issue sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Beyhive  unfortunately its a lot more than " a handful of people " 

9 months and still not fixed Roll_eyes customers no longer believe this excuse 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see this, as much as we understand that it's not an acceptable situation it is true that we're still working to resolve this problem. Please continue to let us know here if there are any problems in the meantime and we'll make sure it gets picked up as quickly as possible. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vendetta
Rising Star

Please 'Remove Restrictions'

**Warning to other customers** ! 

The cycle of restrictions is implemented it seems every 3 days until you pay your bill.
Please keep in mind you have a full 14 days time scale to pay your bill right up until that day.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @vendetta

Customers have 13 days grace to pay their bill. However, when it hits the 14th-day full restrictions and charges are added to the account. 

I have broken down the charges below:

£7.55 Late Payment Fee
£5.76 Call barring Charge.

Our customers are able to change their billing date to a more suitable one so they do not need to use the grace period we provide. 

You can change your billing date by logging into the Plusnet website here

Once you're in, click 'bills and payments' and 'change bill date', this will present you with a calendar to choose your new date. It's worth noting that the 1st of each month is not possible to select as a billing date, the earliest you'll be able to choose is the 2nd.

Please be aware this is an invoice date change and the direct debit will come out around 5 working days after.

This should stop any splash screens or unnecessary contact to ourselves to remove splash screens from customers accounts. However, if customers do not have a Direct Debit set up with ourselves these splash screens will continue. 

As always @vendetta, if there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

alfarom1923
Hooked

That is plainly not true. I've had my broadband "restricted" ie. made unusable a day after the due payment date for at least 3 months. And the only reason I hadn't paid was the bill was wrong everytime.

Something needs to be done by the regulator to stop this restriction happening so quickly.

vendetta
Rising Star

ADMIN TAKE NOTE !

Customers have 13 days grace to pay their bill. However, when it hits the 14th-day full restrictions and charges are added to the account. I have broken down the charges below:
£7.55 Late Payment Fee £5.76 Call barring Charge.

To reply please trying reading forums etc or other messages beforehand if you have time !

This is a Plusnet issue not customers.
Regardless the charges I have just seen there are extortionate in fact way OTT. Does Ofcom or does the Ombudsmen aware of such high charges if customers miss an over time payment - Perhaps this should be sent to appropriate agencies about the over service charge service.

Not that I have late payments also usually always paid on time the charges are without a doubt inexcusable - Just like the Banks get held to account for charges by Law now this charge by Plusnet should be investigated 

I will make sure it is and inform others through the forums to do the same. Thank You, For Your Time.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

It would also help if customers were able to actually pay their bill Roll_eyes  Shocked Have you not noticed their a BIG number of customers with problems with Billing since last year Angry

Denzle
Grafter

Paid via help line today Again. What’s going on? Cannot see a resolution to this problem... 9 months and still ongoing. Any of you folks experiencing any problems with direct debit as this seems the way to go in the future.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @alfarom1923 Sorry to hear about your experiences. What my colleague @OllicC has advised is part of the failed payment timeline and he is correct in saying restrictions are applied on day 14. However, due to some of the ongoing issues we have seen these restrictions applied to some accounts prematurely. This is something we hope to have resolved in the near future.

@vendetta I can appreciate these charges may seem high. However, they are fully outlined in our residential terms and conditions and the relevant regulatory bodies are also fully aware of all charges associated with our failed payment policy.

@smiffy1 and @Denzle I apologise for any issues you've had paying your bills, we are aware that a number of customers have been experienced issues with the billing system since it was introduced. Whilst many issues have been resolved, some such as this are still a work in progress. Unfortunately we cannot comment when we will be able to bring these issues to a close however we are working towards that goal.

jellybeanz
Grafter

Everything was fully restricted this morning and with it, by some miracle, a WORKING payment link appeared on the home page of your website.

I've finally managed to make a payment, however:

If your payment isn't received within 14 days of a failed payment date, your browsing will be restricted and you'll be charged a fixed fee of £5.76 and an administration fee of £7.50

I've had charges added for a problem that is NOT MY FAULT! It is well documented on this forum that plus.net/pay has been broken - I have provided screenshots for staff - and I am STILL charged late payment fees despite the site NOT taking payments online!

What on earth is happening?! I am hard of hearing and cannot use the phone, so online payments are NECESSARY.

I can't be fined for PLUSNET'S PROBLEM!

vendetta
Rising Star

What is your company playing with this so called improved billing system is laughable and very amateur made ---

Where is it on my billing platform on site just a nice pure white screen not even showing bills now nor anywhere to pay like I do with card-

If this is deliberate? Plusnet are breaking Terms and Contract Conditions as well as making it seems deliberately awkward or non-user friendly by far.

People who do not use Direct debit which could be security or private reasons will find it hard to find where to pay the bill.

All browsers are not showing pay bill on separate internet links as well as also different platform devices!

I should not have to ring your company to sort this.

Please respond with sensible answer & information.

vendetta
Rising Star

To add: It is Law that if a client adds a credit card or debit card onto any system or company it is the choice of that client to remove those details themselves not by having to request through a company etc by having to phone or implement a ticket to do so.
I remind you again It Is Law and I will be reporting this to the appropriate agencies including Visa etc. I would request yet again that on the online billing as was once there before the flawed billing update to your systems you add or show
'PAY BILL HERE NOW'

vendetta
Rising Star

THIS ISSUE NOW NEEDS ASAP IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!THIS ISSUE NOW NEEDS ASAP IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!