smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

@Nick001  see you here next month Thumbs_Up

vendetta
Rising Star

Attention!  Plusnet Staff and Management.

Is this some kind of joke?

Plusnet as a major player & company with massive profits with So Called '
EXPERTS'  who are also a subsidiary of British Telecom have not Fixed or Resolved this on going problem as far back as 2018.

I truly think that sooner or later people need to start contacting Resolver or Ombudsman Services and other Legal agencies over this issue!.

Had Enough Contact Resolver
Way to much Evidence that Plusnet are not fixing this isuue

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @vendetta

We are aware that a small number of customers are having this issue whereas they cannot bypass the payment reminder screen, I am very sorry if you are one of them and please know that it is something that we are looking into.

If there is no active payment details on the account, the account will automatically hit failed billing on the invoice date. A remedy to reduce the risk of this happening would be to set up a payment method (such as a direct debit) on the account, as this would prevent the account immediately going into a state of failed billing and interruptions being applied. I do appreciate however, that this may not be a convenient solution for everyone and therefore if you experience this issue, please feel free to drop us a message on here and we can remove the splash screen this side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
vendetta
Rising Star

No offense LaurenB .
While, I truly appreciate the response from you perhaps other's do in the community as well

But I truly think you should go back and read previous posts ! 
To add it is more than just a few customers with this problem.
The customers here who are reporting or responding may seem a few, yet I would think if the exact numbers were given it would not look good for Plusnet,  besides it shouldn't matter even if it was ONE customer.
This problem did not exist until Plusnet made changes & updated or supposedly improved its site and billing which of course created and made all this issue appear.

So please read previous posts'  all of them if possible before making a comment which truly does not help although appreciated.
All Best.

alfarom1923
Hooked

I've been having problems with overcharging by Plusnet for 4 months now. Every month my service is "restricted" the same day the payment is due because I refuse to use a direct debit for obvious reasons. Every month the restriction is turned off as soon as I get in touch but for PlusNet to still be claiming that this is a problem that affects just a few customers is a downright lie. This is obviously company policy despite what the website says and must surely be illegal.

I have now been offered 3 months free by the complaints team and the promise that if it happens again next month I can leave PlusNet. I am sure it will happen again and I'll be off back to Zen who I should never have left in the first place.

Also, Plusnet know full well that you can't go down the Ombudsman route until you've been messed around for 8 weeks. It's all in the ISP's favour.

And the cherry on the cake? When my overcharge is cancelled I get an email telling me that it has been done as a "gesture of goodwill". It's like somebody robbing a bank, getting caught and then returning the loot as a "favour"...

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @alfarom1923,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am truly sorry to hear the biling issues you describe are still occurring on your account despite intervention from our complaints team. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I can see your complaint is currently been handled here, if you have any queries or wish to discuss anything you have mentioned here further please do get back in touch via that ticket and we'll pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

jellybeanz
Grafter

Another month. Blocked AGAIN. Would be grateful if you could fix. Many thanks.

There's something VERY fishy going on here. I'm sorry that the forum team has to deal with this month after month. I work in coding and this is a job that shouldn't take weeks, let alone MONTHS. I genuinely wonder if PlusNet are paying contractors and they're milking the company for thousands as they 'work' on the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jellybeanz there’s coding and then there’s software engineering and never the twain shall meet.

The billing system will no doubt be an enterprise application built from many different components, possibly on different hardware and operating systems. Each of which have to interact with each other and comply with the in-house billing protocol, if any one of these are out of phase, for what ever reason, it can cause havoc as is evident for some.

Imagine how hard this would be to debug, trying to replicate the issue with all of the possible use cases Plusnet must have to deal with it must be a nightmare for them.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Anonymous  dont forget Plusnet have a bad track record when it comes to major upgrades Shocked

Look at what happened when they moved to new network Embarrassed or moved to the new forum Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s a fair comment @smiffy1 but doesn’t it emphasis how difficult managing large scale projects can be, Plusnet aren’t alone here, there are many that have failed including ones from the Government, TSB, etc. Some fail so catastrophically that they never see the light of day and are swept under the virtual carpet.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @jellybeanz,

I've removed the restrictions for you, your service should work as normal within the next 10 mins. If not please reboot your router.

Thanks.

alfarom1923
Hooked

Well that's sorted the problem for good then. No chance of them turning off ("restricting" as they call it) broadband for customers how are a day late paying a bill whether the bill is correct or not and when the website says it might happen after 14 days.

Just admit it is company policy not a glitch that hardly ever happens.

Can you imagine how long a utility company would last if they turned off peoples gas, water or electricity a day after a billing problem, particularly when that that problem wasn't the customer's fault..

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @alfarom1923,

I am sorry you feel we are not treating this as we should, while I do understand your frustration and appreciate why you would feel this way I can confirm this is not company policy to restrict your services. As mentioned we allow up to 14 days to make a payment from the day your invoice is produced.

There is currently an issue that we are aware of that is causing some accounts to be automatically restricted before the 14 days are up, however, we are working on this and hope to have a fix rolled out soon.

Until then I would suggest contacting your case handler for any issues regarding your complaint.

Thanks.

vendetta
Rising Star

Grin Funny  And really is funny but not.

Here we go again ! Knuppel

Yep it is pay bill time and again still the system is just useless and so are those who are supposed to be fixing or correcting the issues mentioned.

Well still no IPV6 so that adds to the gripes so soon with all this above it will be time to change IP company from Plusnet with no charges due to their failures.   Ticked_off

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @vendetta

I sincerely apologise for the length of time taken to resolve this. I can appreciate that you have been affected by this particular issue for some months now and hoped to have this resolved sooner as did we. Our teams are still working on this and getting closer to a fix. In the meantime I have removed your account restrictions.

In regards to the availability for IPV6 I'm afraid we do not have any plans for this in the near future, my apologies for any inconvenience this caused you.

Kind Regards