Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
Nick001
Grafter

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

New month same problem. Restrictions put on my account cannot access most websites. Could i have them removed please?
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Nick001, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that restrictions have been erroneously applied to the account.

We've now removed them and a quick reboot of the router should kick your services back into life.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we're only a click away.

Nick001
Grafter

Sorry to report that the restrictions still appear to be in place despite a few router restarts. The same sites and apps that were affected are still inaccessible to me as of this moment. Needs rectifying. Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear this Nick.

I've made an adjustment on your account, are you able to try now letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nick001
Grafter

That has worked perfectly. Everything is fine now. Thank you for the help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to see, sorry again for the issues.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nick001
Grafter

Few days later and the restrictions are back. Could i have them removed agaun please?
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Nick001

We're really sorry to hear about this and I have actioned your account as requested here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance as we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

vendetta
Rising Star

Please PlusNet note the original customers post date  ‎26-11-2018 

Even though PlusNet were aware this was happening on the systems before this date to many customers!

Still no fix although the same promises of we are looking into it.

I have to say looking into it from where The Moon?

The time scale to resolve this issue again has been far to long and slow and lacking professional responsibility towards those affected. 

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @vendetta

We are aware that there are a number of accounts affected and some that have been experiencing this particular issue for a while now. Whilst I am not within the IT department and do not have the knowledge to explain the specifics of why this has not yet been resolved. I am aware this is being dealt with appropriately and our IT teams are actively trying to resolve this.

I can appreciate that for yourself and others affected by this and similar issues the lack of resolution is  frustrating and we acknowledge the inconvenience this issue has caused.

At this stage there are no further updates I can provide on this issue. However, myself and my colleagues are more than happy to support you with this issue as best we can in the meantime.

Katiebbaby123
Grafter

Not even 24 hrs and I’ve hard restrictions placed on my account. Typing this using my phones 3G. Can my restrictions be removed please AGAIN.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this, I've removed them for you now.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Katiebbaby123
Grafter

Can my restrictions please be removed
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Katiebaby123, thanks for getting in touch.

We have removed those restrictions for you now.

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparks678
Grafter

Thought I'd post this from one of my complaint/tickets for everybody suffering this issue to read. Number 4 is interesting.

1)First provide a decent billing system where people can pay their bills online at any point within a set time after a bill has been issued without the need for it to be instantly taken from a bank account.
Ans:Unfortunately as your contract is subscription based we would need to recieve payment upon the monthly invoice being generated.

2)Not instantly restrict a service because you cannot get your money instantly and instead allow continued service for the 14 days grace period you already state exists.
The services are restricted should your invoice be generated but there is no means of collecting the funds. The 14 days grace period only applies when there is a payment registered on your account such as a direct debit.

3)Allow online payments to be made for failed billing accounts.
We can take online payments for overdue balances however service restrictions may prevent your access. Should you have a registered payment method, you will be prompted via a browser reminder at day 1, 5 and 10 that the payment is due and you will be able to 'click here to pay' or 'acknowledge and continue browsing' the latter option postponing the reminder until the next date be it day 1,5 or 10. Upon day 14 the notice will only allow to 'click here to pay'

4)Stop saying this service restriction issue is being dealt with which for me has been ongoing since around Nov 2018. Its clearly not a priority or service your company wants to provide.
In this instance it does not seem like there is an issue. The restrictions system is for payment reminders when we are unable to collect funds on the date of the invoice being generated.