Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
Kim481
Hooked

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

I haven’t had any direct debits taken from Plusnet for 4 months. So ended up with a £200+ bill to pay, sent to my email yesterday. Checked direct debit details and they were correct.
I was restricted instantly, didn’t get a 14 day period. I can get on some sites and devices but not others.
I have paid my bill today and still restricted. No confirmation of payment from Plusnet and when calling was told they haven’t had the payment. Called the bank and it has left my account and shows on my bank statement as having left my account.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi Kim481, sorry to hear about this.

I can see that we have removed the restriction on your account following your contact with us this morning but still need to investigate this further.

You can view more details on this here

ian4436
Grafter
Fixes: 1

every month i have this,,,,, just hours into my bill being processed, and yet they say you have 14 days before restrictions

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ian4436, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. It looks like this has since been sorted for you. We do allow 14 days to make payment, but I'm sorry if the splash screen isn't appearing for you to be able to continue to browse and for any inconvenience this may cause.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Dee46s

This seems to have become an issue since they changed the layout of the site. It’s not really good enough Plusnet - I thought you prided yourself on being there for your customers? Why are we having to go through this every time? Please sort it once and for all, or I’ll be looking elsewhere.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear this.

I can assure you that we're working to sort these issues out as soon as we can.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused for anyone affected by this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sparks678
Grafter

OP here. Its that time of the month. Please fix my internet.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Good morning @Sparks678,

I am sorry for the continued inconveneience caused by this error. I have now removed the restrictions from your account. You should be able to browse as normal, however, if this still doesn't work within 10 minutes please reset your router. You can find more information on resetting your router here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can help with.

Kim481
Hooked

Why are there restrictions on my broadband again? In the email you send out it says 14 days to pay and it’s nowhere near that!

Please remove the restrictions
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Kim481,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your account.

I can see that you have since been in touch and the issue has been resolved.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Nick001
Grafter

Have the same issue. bill paid. Restrictions should have been removed. but have not been? still having trouble accessing certain apps, games and websites.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Good morning @Nick001,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I am very sorry to hear you are having trouble with restrictions erroneously placed on your account. I have now changed some of the settings on your account, your services should work as normal within the next 10 minutes. If this does work please reboot your router. You can find more information on rebooting your router here: spothttps://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

Thank you.

Sparks678
Grafter

Afternoon. Get my account fixed as per usual please and get this fix mentioned months ago sorted as well

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Sparks678, thanks for your post.

I've de-restricted the account and can assure you that our Network Ops team are working hard to get this issue fixed ASAP.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this ongoing issue.

Nick001
Grafter

different month same issue. payment failed as per usual. restrictions immediately placed on account. impossible to do anything. can i have them removed please.