Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
Sparks678
Grafter

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

I currently have a failed payment on my account. The regular monthy payment is due on the 23rd and you get 14 days to pay. Normally when this happens I am sent an email with a link to pay online and pay within a few days, but that has not appeared. Instead I have service restrictions only on some websites and when they fail to load I get http://failed.billing.plus.net/apps/payment/failed as the url. Its funny in that I can surf the web without really being bothered except no part of the Plusnet website loads so I cannot log into my account to pay.

Question is. Why am I getting service restrictions instantly after a failed payment and when I'm still within the 14 day grace period to pay? If I failed to pay my electric bill would half my lights stop working? No so why is this happening.

Happy to pay once restrictions are removed. Happy to pay and look for another provider if not.

395 REPLIES 395
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

Hello @Spark678,

Thank you for getting in touch, I have removed the wrongly placed restrictions - please accept my apologies. If they occur again please try resetting your router as it may need to re-connect to our network.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.

Sparks678
Grafter

Have turned my router back on after having it off for a number of hours. Nothing has changed and still exaclty the same websites don't load.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Fix

Hello @Sparks678,

I am really sorry that the steps my colleague took did not resolve the issue. I have completely disabled it, and would need you to factory reset your router by placing a pin like item in the reset hole found on the back for 15 seconds and remove it.

Please leave for 15 minutes for your router to setup and delete both your cookies and cache.

Try again and get back to us if the issue persists.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
ntorbitt

I am having the same problems and looking at other forums it seems many others have gone through this. If you want people to pay their bill it would be a great idea to let them. Seems the focus is to bully the customer in to paying without thinking it through and blocking access to their account making it difficult to pay. What happened to "happy to help"

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @ntorbitt, sorry to hear you've been having issues in getting around the billing reminder splash screen also. I can assure you any issues in trying to display the page and click the " I acknowledge and wish to continue" aren't intentional and something we are currently gathering examples so this can be investigated further. By all means if you're seeing a error page come up in place of the splash screen if you could please send us a print screen of the page we can make sure the example gets put to good use in finding the root cause of why the pages aren't showing. We will also make sure to remove the account from failed billing until day 14 when a hard restriction would be put in place to help get around the current issue with splash screens.

Sparks678
Grafter

One month on the problem has reoccurred. This time I got the email, but getting browsing restrictions. Please get this fixed permanently.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, can you try deleting cookies and temporary internet files before we try disabling and re-enabling the account again please? - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparks678
Grafter

Ok I have done that.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Sparks678,

Thanks for trying that. I have now removed the restrictions on the account, everything should be working as normal within the next 10 minutes. I have also opened a complaint ticket for you here with further information.

Sparks678
Grafter

Lol. Fixed, but currently unable to find a way to way my bill now. The link in the email does not work

https://www.plus.net/pay instead coming up with https://portal.plus.net/apps/payment/failed/retry

Logging into my account I cannot find for the life of me an option to pay my bill. I think this should be part of your billing system to allow paying online a feature I can see long lamented for on previous forum discussions.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good afternoon @Sparks678,

Thanks for getting back to us, glad to hear your services are working.

With regards to paying online, its an account issue rather than website error at the moment. For now you can call our Customer Support team on 0800 432 0200 to make a payment. As mentioned on the ticket we are working to get a fix rolled out, however we have no solid timescale just yet.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.

ntorbitt

Same again here, "failed billing restrictions" yet no 14 day warning and bill actually paid 02/01/19.

the intention to antagonise customers seems to be working well, there has been ample opportunity to fix this issue but looks like this is a policy from above, you only have to look at the customer service polls to see what is happening.

is there any chance you can temporarily fix this again?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @ntorbitt, I am sorry for the issues you have had with restrictions being applied.

I can see the restrictions were lifted yesterday following on from this conversation here. Are you still having issues accessing some websites?

Thanks

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
ntorbitt

as if by magic restrictions lifted very quickly after my last post, therefore latest issue fixed again