cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Disconnected by Plus Net - No Notice

UN

Service Disconnected by Plus Net - No Notice

My broadband was disconnected on Thursday without any contact from Plus Net.  When I contacted them they said it was an Openreach problem and organised an engineer to troubleshoot.  The engineer attended on Friday - reestablished a broadband connection but ADSL not fibre.

I contacted PlusNet on Friday evening to be told I am paying for ADSL but have been receiving Fibre - WRONG.  My account has been frozen, no bills, no updates no nothing and the account hasn't been updated to reflect new Fibre service agreed and put in place in October 2018.

The agent I spoke to was rude to the point of intimidation, would not accept anything I was saying and insisted I had to close my existing account and open a new one, together with a new contact before they would re-instate my Fibre connection, I also suggested that I would like to discuss this with the Chief Executive - the agent's response - Good Luck with That.

What I fail to understand is why they couldn't phone me before they did anything - customer focused solution seems to a concept too far.

I have raised a complaint but wondered if anyone else had been subjected to this Draconian behaviour?

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Service Disconnected by Plus Net - No Notice

Hi @UN thanks for getting in touch with us via our community forums.

I'm really sorry to see the experience you've had and how we've handled this.

I thought I'd drop a quick message on here while I'm looking into this. Will update you shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Service Disconnected by Plus Net - No Notice

Hi @UN I'd like to firstly again sincerely apologise for the experience you've had and the mess we've made of things.  I'll make sure feedback is passed on regarding this as this has certainly been a terrible experience and not what I'd expect.

I've gone through this in detail documenting it on your account/support ticket 193844279 however to summarise, when we upgraded you back to fibre last year following downgrading you in error previously, we never completed the product change on your account appropriately and then we automatically downgraded you to match your account type.

As the billing of your account has unfortunately been suspended due to a system issue the only way we'll be able to get you on the right account type at the moment is by setting up a new account which I can see we've done. 

I'm in the process of placing the fibre order and I'll confirm the completion date with you soon. I'm also taking this on personally so I'll follow through until it's resolved, if you'd prefer a call to discuss anything further feel free to let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet