cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected wrong call plan and can't amend it (head*desk)

FIXED
aranhe62
Hooked

Selected wrong call plan and can't amend it (head*desk)

I attempted to subscribe to the unlimited UK calls call plan on 3rd August but accidentally selected the similar Anytime International 300 call plan and there is no way of amending it.   Can a Plus.net representative advise on getting this corrected before service commences next month, please?

I also would like to query the new monthly cost quoted in the confirmation email. My plan is currently £15.98 with a discount of £8.98 making my monthly cost £7.  Both anytime call plans are advertised at £8. However, the confirmation email lists the new monthly cost as £26.99.  That's very wonky maths!

After abandoning several calls to support due to long wait times (I gave up after 30 minutes), waiting over an hour before abandoning live chat and, after the initial questions, being ignored by Twitter support for the last 15 hours, I'm hoping this route might prove more fruitful.

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Selected wrong call plan and can't amend it (head*desk)

I can answer part of the question - perhaps both parts

You can only have one change order open at a time and so you are stuck on the wrong call plan until after your contract month end

The price quoted will have been the gross price and any agreed discounts will be deducted as the notification system can't take into account special offer discounts. It will also probably exclude any line rental saver

I assume that you must have something like that otherwise your discounted rate will be less than the line rental which I believe never happens

aranhe62
Hooked

Thanks for trying to help, but even without special discount applied, the charge is still £3 too much and that is what I am querying. 
As for the change of call plan, yes, I know you can only change call plan once a month and that is why I can't correct the error myself, but I am trying to get plus.net to correct the mistake before the call plan goes live next month. 

aranhe62
Hooked

OldJim, for what it's worth, I did pay my line rental annually in advance. But if line rental were included in the gross amount quoted, it would be MORE than £26.98. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there,

@aranhe62 wrote:

I attempted to subscribe to the unlimited UK calls call plan on 3rd August but accidentally selected the similar Anytime International 300 call plan and there is no way of amending it.   Can a Plus.net representative advise on getting this corrected before service commences next month, please?

I've just cancelled the product change for you now. You should now be able to re-select your desired call package here: https://www.plus.net/upgrade_process.html

@aranhe62 wrote:

I also would like to query the new monthly cost quoted in the confirmation email. My plan is currently £15.98 with a discount of £8.98 making my monthly cost £7.  Both anytime call plans are advertised at £8. However, the confirmation email lists the new monthly cost as £26.99.  That's very wonky maths!

The total cost in the confirmation e-mail, includes line rental. But you've paid your line rental upfront, so all you'll pay is the call package. Apologies for any confusion caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aranhe62
Hooked

Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet