cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems you Don't want to keep customers?

sjptd
Grafter

Re: Seems you Don't want to keep customers?

Just a warning in case they didn't make it clear.  You will be on the new 40/2 fibre, not the old 40/20.
anthgood
Grafter

Quote from: sjptd
Just a warning in case they didn't make it clear.  You will be on the new 40/2 fibre, not the old 40/20.

How do you know this?
I am pretty sure was just told my internet package will remain the same only the price will change.
But it may have been clever marketing and was actually told my download will remain the same only the price will change and the upload was not mentioned.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

That's incorrect.
No provision involved, and you'll definitely stay on 40/20. I confirmed that it would stay under circumstances like these somewhere in the thread in the fibre forums.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sjptd
Grafter

I was told otherwise by the COT when they offered me the same deal. 
As it would have been a new contract they said they could only offer deals on the currently available standard contracts, so not on my existing 40/20.
She also checked that with a superior.  It might well have made a difference to my decision to move; but I'm not going back on that now.
But now you have confirmation from Matty you should be fine to stay on 40/20 at least for the next 18 months.  Excellent.
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
Certainly the request for a MAC, apparently at the end, would result in the GC22 prohibition coming into play as far as the agent was concerned. As could prior sending of the email have done.
I can only think the agent was misunderstanding his briefing notes and/or the OP at the start of the call.

No, up until an order is placed with a gaining provider, the customer is free to voluntarily contact Plusnet, and vice versa, and ask for a deal. It doesn't matter if the customer has received a price rise email or if he asks for a MAC, there is no Ofcom regulation or guidance to prohibit this, let alone "specifically forbid" it. (We've been here before with telling other customers they have to accept things to their disadvantage based on what is "specifically" forbidden or "specifically" allowed, when it is not specified anywhere)
Anyway, the agent of his own accord said he had looked into a retention deal, so he clearly did not misunderstand that he wasn't allowed to do that (though I am sure he appreciates your invented defence for him as much as the customer appreciates what you imply when you say "apparently").
Estragon
Rising Star

Try understanding the rest of the post, not just the bit you don't like.
And this time you are definitely wrong. The customer can contact the ISP, but the GC9.6 email cannot require them to do so, and if the customer does contact the ISP the customer can initiate a "deal conversation", but the ISP cannot. The GC9.6 email can (not inevitably does) trigger the GC22 prohibition depending on how the conversation goes :(.
The rest of it I have covered in the post, for anyone reading it with an open mind. Please moderate your confrontational attitude as displayed out of sheer cussedness several times in the past.
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: anthgood
Yep, just came off the phone. Am very pleased.
But the person price matched Sky Fibre so am getting 38 meg unlimited for £10 per month.

If you are pleased with this, good for you. I moved to BT infinity 1 (40/10), and paying...about £0 per month for 12 month contract (+line rental)...
Switch was done yesterday, and was completely painless: they sent me the new router on Friday, and line was switched yesterday morning. Only difference was the ADSL logon to use.
BT router (with integrated modem) works very well, and has much faster AC wifi. I am also very glad to get BT wifi/FON worldwide included in the price.
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
Try understanding the rest of the post, not just the bit you don't like.
And this time you are definitely wrong. The customer can contact the ISP, but the GC9.6 email cannot require them to do so, and if the customer does contact the ISP the customer can initiate a "deal conversation", but the ISP cannot. The GC9.6 email can (not inevitably does) trigger the GC22 prohibition depending on how the conversation goes :(.

I understood what you said and dealt with the heart of it. You said before an order is placed with a gaining provider then (1) if a customer asks for a MAC, Plusnet are prohibited from offering a deal (2) if the price rise email has been sent, Plusnet are prohibited from initiating a deal.
These aren't Ofcom rules. The rules prohibiting a reactive save by definition only apply when the formal switching process has been initiated, and only apply to communications made in order to comply with GC22. If you can point to where Ofcom "specifically forbids" the things you say it does, please do point to it. You quoted something earlier, but it said no such thing!
(As for the rest of your post, it started with how you had misread the original post (doesn't exactly help your cause) and then there was the related guff about how the exact order of who said what, what was asked and when exactly the email was sent was key to Ofcom rules on whether a deal could be discussed. The whole point is it doesn't matter one bit, there are no such rules. And I will always confront anybody's posts inventing things to the disadvantage of other customers, and I have every right not to like it when someone does that).
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Sebtomato
I moved to BT infinity 1 (40/10), and paying...about £0 per month for 12 month contract (+line rental)...

Wow, I can't find that deal, is it still available?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: anthgood
Yep, just came off the phone. Am very pleased.
But the person price matched Sky Fibre so am getting 38 meg unlimited for £10 per month.

If you are pleased with this, good for you. I moved to BT infinity 1 (40/10), and paying...about £0 per month for 12 month contract (+line rental)...
Switch was done yesterday, and was completely painless: they sent me the new router on Friday, and line was switched yesterday morning. Only difference was the ADSL logon to use.
BT router (with integrated modem) works very well, and has much faster AC wifi. I am also very glad to get BT wifi/FON worldwide included in the price.

I think anthgood clearly preferred to stay with Plusnet from the outset rather than switch to the best deal possible, so he is pleased and achieved what he wanted  Smiley
I am a little confused at the 'deal' because it's basically the same as the bog-standard retentions offer, even in the email/link that gets sent out, and obviously new or upgrading customers get good deals, so I'm wondering why he wasn't paying something similar already...
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: w23
I moved to BT infinity 1 (40/10), and paying...about £0 per month for 12 month contract (+line rental)...

Wow, I can't find that deal, is it still available?

Yes, via topcashback.
monabri
Grafter

Check out the Post Office deals. Much better than Plusnet. Don't know how they can do it when BT and Plusnet charge what they do.
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You seem to be suggesting the Post Office on several threads that are talking about fibre connections. The Post Office only does normal ADSL...
Estragon
Rising Star

And it is in fact completely run by TalkTalk, with dismal performance on non-TalkTalk exchanges. Suitable for browsing and email.
awahwah
Grafter

I've just called PN to discuss the increase and what they could do to keep me.
Give them their due, they offered a good deal for a new 18 Month Contract, which worked out at 26 notes a month but would mean a down grade from 76 to 38mb.
So, I created a spreadsheet to show indicative cost over the 18 month contract and the 12 that others offer.
PM over 18 mths =485
PM over 12 mths = 323.88
BT 38mb 12 mths = 358 - inc connection and 207 after TCB
BT 76mb  12 mths = 563 and 412 after TCB
Sky 38mb 12 mths (total after 6 mths half price) = 316 and 210 after TCB.
I think PN need to have a little think.  Looks like I'm going back to BT.