Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems Plusnet don't do refunds

ramblingRoss
Hooked

Seems Plusnet don't do refunds

Hi,

Long story short, I had an install for a new line and broadband 3 months ago. 2x engineer visits later and nothing was working. BT engineer didn't turn up for a promised 3rd visit. 

With the 14 day cooling off period due to end we gave up and cancelled. We were promised a full refund of the £68 odd paid out. After 2 months of endless calls, complaints, etc, we were sent a cheque for £15.

Over the last month I've made several attempts by phone, raising complaints online, etc, and have asked for a deadlock letter THREE TIMES without receiving one (this, so I could go to the ombudsman obviously).

Simply don't what to do. My last exchange with CS led to them raising yet another 'question' that resulted in someone emailing me that it would be helpful if I can send in my last 3 months bank statements! Seriously. Just incredible. 

12 REPLIES 12
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Seems Plusnet don't do refunds

Hi @ramblingRoss 

I'm really sorry to hear this! 

I can see that a ticket has been raised to our billing team requesting that the additional funds be sent out to you in cheque form. It can take up to 5 working days to receive a reply.

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue.

Kind Regards,

MoR

ramblingRoss
Hooked

Nice of you to reply but I was hoping for better than the same thing I've been hearing for the last 2/3 months.

Can you imagine how many times I've been told '5 days' in the last 3 months?.....Plusnet's version of ''the cheque's in the post'' Wink

Are you able to give me a deadlock letter? Are you able to give me my refund? Please step in and help.

Out of curiosity, how do your accountants actually 'account for' all the money you hold as a company that doesn't belong to you? Genuine question.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @ramblingRoss 

I do appropriate your points. 

I will add your account to our end of day report and get one of the teams in first thing on Monday morning to revisit this and contact the billing department for an update. Unfortunately they are not in over the weekend.

As soon as we get an update we will get in touch. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

ramblingRoss
Hooked

Ok, fair enough. I'll wait and see what happens at the beginning of the week and update the thread.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

"I do appropriate your points."   Huh

appropriate

take (something) for one's own use, typically without the owner's permission.

Is that a freudian slip?

ramblingRoss
Hooked

Update:

Not sure if it was a result of posting here or my continued efforts via 'questions'/complaints.....but I received a phone call from a nice lady in the complaints department last night and then received a letter with a cheque for the amount owed in the post today.  

Obviously I'm grateful to have this sorted, but I have to say that getting a refund from Plusnet is like drawing teeth. Really hard to understand how such a large company can get away with this sort of thing. I've no doubt I would never have received my money had I not kicked up such a fuss.

I'll ask the question again....how do Plusnet account for having all that money that isn't theirs, much of which they will never pay back? Under what heading does that appear in their accounts? Gifts?Huh

Rant over.

Anyway, a genuine thank you to those who elevated my issue and got it sorted.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear its all sorted for you @ramblingRoss.

Please do get back in touch should you need further assistance.

Thanks.

ramblingRoss
Hooked

Update:

Plusnet sent me a bar of chocolate in the post with an apology.

A nice touch.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ramblingRoss,

It's great to hear that you've received the chocolate bar that your case handler sent you. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
pv
Grafter

@ramblingRoss not dark chocolate I hope? I'd be filing a complaint with the Ombudsman if it was. Wink

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

What a sorry tale and alas typical of so many across the forums. Plusnet's billing/invoicing is appalling and it's a shame because my BB/phone service has been excellent. They don't keep the money, but the system for returning it seems just as chaotic as the original mis-charging. And the poor customer reps are pig in the middle; one told me that he would far rather be doing tech support than apologising for the mistakes of the accounts dept.

ramblingRoss
Hooked

I think it's milk chocolate.

Had to hide it in a drawer to throw the Mrs and our daughter off the scent.