cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seem to be over charged. Cannot email Plusnet and Chat not working

runningfool

Seem to be over charged. Cannot email Plusnet and Chat not working

My original email stated I would be charged £22.99 a month (without calls).

Looking back I seem to have been charged £23.99 a month - I didn't notice as normally had a few call charges and it wasn't much.

Can you explain please?

Why is my account showing I am now on a different tariff wen my contract has not ended yet (it ends on 7th May I believe but there's nothing concrete that says that)

Please help. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Seem to be over charged. Cannot email Plusnet and Chat not working

Hi @runningfool

Thanks for getting in touch. We sent you some information regarding your pricing in April of last year - you can find a copy of it here.

If you have any further questions once you've reviewed the link, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Dave

runningfool

The only 'open question' on there was something to do with a Fitbit - don't know what that was - so I have closed it. What am I supposed to be seeing please?

I did not receive an email from you (I keep all relevant emails - particularly those that pertain to a change in charges)

Thanks

runningfool

Also, Why is my account showing I am now on a different tariff wen my contract has not ended yet?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @runningfool

I've copy and pasted the contact into a new ticket for you here.

The information on that ticket answers your query regarding the pricing of your contract.

I'm unsure what you mean by "a different tariff" - other than the changes which are detailed on the link I've provided, no other changes were made to your account. Could you please provide further information on the ticket I've raised as to the discrepancy you're seeing?

Best wishes

Dave

runningfool

Didn't get that at all.

How can you promote a tariff for 18 months then change it half way through?

Did not get that email.

I assume that means I can now leave - as I would have done had I got it?

Please also answer my other question

Thanks

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @runningfool.

I'm sorry if this email did not reach you. As mentioned by my colleague, it was sent in April 2018 but apologies if it did not reach you. Unfortunately as it's showing as the email having been sent, we wouldn't be able to cancel the account free of charge as it's past the 30 day notification timescale.

In regards to promoting a tariff for 18 months, we do advise upon sign up and in our terms and conditions that we may make changes to prices but we will notify you of these changes.

In relation to seeing a different tariff, would you be able to expand on this further, as advised by my colleague above your tariff has not been amended other than the £1 price increase that took place in August.

Regards.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
runningfool

It says I am on an out of tariff rate of £29.99..?

I did not get the email - I would have contested it at the time. The price you sign up to for 18 months is the price you sign up to - great way to lose customers frankly, regardless of whether it's in your T&Cs or not.

Rest assured, the out of tariff amount is far more than I can get elsewhere.

That together with not getting the email with the price change means I will not be staying with Plusnet.

Thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @runningfool

Could you please advise where you are seeing the information that you're being charged £29.99? Could you provide a copy of that information here (minus any personal information that it may contain)?

I've included a copy of your original contract here. This is the contract that you are still being invoiced for and your most recent invoice matches the amount on your contract ((with the exception of the price increase which we have discussed earlier in this thread).

Best wishes

Dave

runningfool

That link doesn't lead to my contract but to the email that you said was sent to me (that I did not get). Though I would rather you didn't reveal my contract to all and sundry on here anyway - can't you email it to me?

I have realised that the £29.99 is what it would cost after the contract finishes (even though next to it it says 'current package')

You really have no incentive for people to stay? Sheesh.

Please email a copy of my contract.

Thanks

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @runningfool

You can view your contract by logging into your account here , and the discounts that were applied to this contract can also be found here. Please note that other users are not able to view this as this is a direct link to the notification on your account, that can only be accessed with your log in details.

In regards to the your out of contract price, once a contract ends the promotional discounts will also end and your account reverts to standard pricing of the products. However, we are always happy to discuss re contracting on a new and more affordable deal.

If you would like to discuss this at anytime you can contact our Customer Options department on 

0800 013 2632 during their opening hours Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 7pm and Sunday 9am - 6pm

Kind Regards,

MazF

Hi,

I renewed my Broadband contract by phone on 3rd  Feb 2019, and I was emailed confirmation of the agreed new contract price £19.99 per month for 18 months.  However, I have been charged £29.98 for both February and March so far. Chat isn't working and phone waits are far too long. 

Can someone please take a look at this?

With thanks.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @MazF,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am truly sorry to hear about the overcharges you have had with your past two bills and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have checked over your account and I have created a ticket with further information for you. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

eg

I've also been experiencing very similar things with Plusnet - ending a contract and starting a new one without telling me.  When I realised that I was being charged more (and I also don't usually check)  I was told an email had definitely been sent to me.  Phoned a second time and was told they don't send out emails telling people when their contract is ending because it would seem like they were blackmailing the customer into renewing!!  They really must think that their customers are stupid enough to believe their lies.  When I first joined this company they were really good and I recommended them to lots of people.  I now tell everyone exactly how bad they are. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @eg,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am very sorry to read about your recent experience with us in regards to your billing and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have checked over your account and I have created a ticket with further information for you. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.