cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed for £75 Cashback by My Own ISP????? ***Unbelievable***

Jmaccx

Scammed for £75 Cashback by My Own ISP????? ***Unbelievable***

Signed up in NOV , had nothing but trouble no internet for 8 DAYS Now I am being told an email was sent out regarding the cashback (which is nowhere to be found in my inbox) 

Plus,  that the link has a 2 month expiration date and there is NOTHING Plusnet can do about this. Fobbed off by "[CSA Removed]" in customer services who I have just rang today as I have been awaiting this cashback email since I signed up.  Logged a formal complaint and will be taking this up with The Ombudsman if nothing gets sorted.  Absolutely livid to say the least. 

Quite convenient that EVERY SINGLE email 'apart' from the cashback one is still in my inbox.  I mean, every email that requires me to give money to Plusnet.  Then the one and only mail that benefits me is missing.  I have been ensured they sent it out, what good is that to me.  I was not ensured I received it.  The email doesn't expire like some Mission Impossible style message, only the link has an expiration date.  I believe it was never sent. 

I see many people in these forums having to chase their own cashback emails up.  Whereas I have been quite bluntly told, "tough" basically.  I will not be letting this lie, and look forward to an answer from a member of staff.

Sorry for the caps.....pretty angry right now. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Scammed for £75 Cashback by My Own ISP????? ***Unbelievable***

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from spam filter

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Jmaccx 

I'm sorry to see you've not received an email to claim your cashback. I've looked into this for you and in addition to the information the adviser you spoke to had provided, the email would have been sent from no-reply@plusnetrewards.com which is a different address from the usual emails you'll get from us and may be filtered into a junk mail or spam folder.

I realise though you've said you've not received this so I've added a reply to the support ticket raised on your account you can view and respond to by going Here which I hope helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jmaccx

If you type 'plusnet' any mail will be searched for containing these parameters in any search box, no need to type the full name.  So I have indeed checked and double checked.

Thanks for the reply

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Jmaccx 

Have you had a chance to review the ticket I've linked you to?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jmaccx

Yes, thank you.  

The second ticket is now showing, regarding the good will gesture.  

I am prepared to accept this , sure.  As long as it's registered post Smiley 

Thanks for all your help. 

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I'll reply back to your ticket shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet