cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved card details still need updating. (Plusnet email)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Saved card details still need updating. (Plusnet email)

I got an email from Plusnet this morning telling me that the card details they hold for my second account aren't valid or may have expired. This would be correct as there are no details on the account, so I am assuming that this was generated due to my moving bank. I have already confirmed the new DD details as requested so I assume that all will be in order (as guaranteed by the switch service) by the 9th when this account is due. What I am really saying is that I'm not wanting to add a card if I don't need to so I am assuming I can safely ignore this request, would this be right?
9 REPLIES 9
WeeHaggis

Re: Saved card details still need updating. (Plusnet email)

Mook - you might be interested in this thread from a year ago, and my experience.  I’d agree that the e mails are probably best ignored, but I’d keep an eye on things just the same ! 
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,128257.msg1116546.html#msg1116546

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Spot on Mook, the email has been auto-generated as the new DD isn't active on the account yet (Although it does show that it's pending).
I imagine it should all be fine by the time the next invoice is generated, however it may be worth keeping an eye on the current payment as you might need to go back to it to make a card payment if it fails due to the DD being changed while it's processing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I just hope my switch goes according to plan, and speaking of such the completion date for this is tomorrow, when my existing account will automatically close. Obviously my new account is open and active but I will keep an eye on things as suggested.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I've just had two emails telling me that my DD payment was unsuccessful and some not so subtle hints from this web site and the plus.net site. Now as I'm a bit of an (*) this really isn't my fault, this should all be taken care of as part of the switch over, I have a DD for the Donkey Sanctuary and I can see this was paid on the 5th. I know Plusnet have my new DD instructions as I got an email about this on the 31st of June. According to the Plusnet site it takes 5 working days to put the new instructions in place and this is all there has been since the email but it would appear that this isn't enough.
So, do I leave it for the 14 days as offered, hoping it will all come out in the wash or do I phone in and pay?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

My guess is that the new DD is still in a pending state on Plusnet systems so a card payment is required. To avoid risk of your broadband service being restricted I suggest making a card payment. It's likely that a £1.50 processing fee will be added. In the circumstances if you post back here afterwards it's likely a staff member will refund this
David
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's my point really. It's shouldn't really be in a pending state as Plusnet have had the same amount of time as the Donkey Sanctuary to put this in place and they've had their money this month. So I suspect the DD billing system is running on Treacle OS v1.0.0. Maybe a Plusnet member can check this out and let me know, according to my account I have 14 days before they pull the RJ45 from my connection which may be long enough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Plusnet.
Have you got your money yet? If not when are you going to try the DD again?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Mook, as I advised previously you'll have to make a card payment if the DD payment failed while the DD instruction was changing. Sorry for any inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, just called in to pay, and for what it's worth I was told that the DD could be retried if asked and also the phone message said I could go to http::/www.plus.net/pay to pay online. But when I did I got a 404!