cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude and unhelpful call centre staff and a chat service that is not available

gsd

Rude and unhelpful call centre staff and a chat service that is not available

I have joined this forum out of sheer frustration, being unable to get the help that I need. After waiting a relatively short 15 minutes on the phone I had the misfortune to get through to a gum chewing herbert who couldn't care less about customer service as he was leaving to go home at 5:30. I don't want to talk to people like him, so I tried to raise a ticket - something that I had done easily before (admittedly, about two and a half years ago) but that facility has either been removed or is so cleverly buried in the maze of support pages that it is intended for people to give up. I then tried to use the chat facility, but no matter how often I tried it kept saying that it was unavailable. So, I find myself here on the forum, a new experience for me in the eleven and a half years I have been with Plusnet. All I want to do is initiate a house move - if one of the forum administrators is monitoring this then please get back to me.

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Rude and unhelpful call centre staff and a chat service that is not available

if the chat is unavailable it may well be that you are using an ad blocker or similar

gsd

Re: Rude and unhelpful call centre staff and a chat service that is not available

No, I don't use an ad-blocker. The chat dialogue box is working and when I press submit I get the unavailable message, along with "refresh page and try again later".

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@gsd

Houses moves are handled on the phone not by the forums.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @gsd I am really sorry to hear of your experience over chat.

House moves can only be initiated over the phone, however if you call us on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1, then Option 1) you should get through pretty quickly.

Currently no wait time as I'm typing this reply. The department is also open until 8pm this evening.

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button