cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll over contract end date

leclew

Roll over contract end date

Hi there

I would like to switch to another provider. My bill date is on 20th of every month. I'm on roll over contact. Can I cancel my contract anytime before 20th next month without being charged for another month?

Also can I cancel through here?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Roll over contract end date

Good morning.

What ever you do don't cancel!

The migration system to another provider is now gaining provider led, so all you do is choose your new supplier and let them do all the work.

If you cancel you run the risk of excessive delays in transferring your supply and also the possibility of losing your cherished landline number.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Roll over contract end date

Hi @leclew

Thank you for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear that you are thinking of changing provider. As @agedgopher has advised, it is best to use the gaining provider led migration process to switch to your new provider as this will minimise the downtime that you experience during the switch over and would mean that you'd be able to keep your existing landline number.  Providers can use this process if they use the same network as us - if you're unsure then I would recommend that you check with the new provider if they would be able to take over your line using this process. Once they have taken over, your account with us would automatically close.

Alternatively, if the new provider use their own network or if you decide to just outright cancel without moving your services to a new provider, you would need to speak to our customer options team to arrange this and they would require 14 days' notice. If you need to speak to this team, their direct number is 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday 08:00 - 20:00

Saturday 09:00 - 19:00

Sunday 09:00 - 18:00

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team