cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right broadband charges?

moonrakers

Right broadband charges?

Hi All,
I have been with Plus Net for a long time, but I am thinking more and more that I am really paying far too much. I pay £23 for my broadband, £1 for domain hosting, BT land line of around £11.50 per month, phone calls from another provider, penalty from BT of £7.50 per quarter for not making phone calls with them (are they allowed to do that????) and on top we have Sky. So around £60 per month all in all.
Hoping to ditch Sky and I have been looking at the possibility of an all in one package (Virgin at all of the above for £18 is tempting), but in the meantime I wonder why I am paying £23 per month for Plus Net and have for years when the top package advertised on the Plus Net site seems to be half that.
Am I being conned?
5 REPLIES 5
reserved
Grafter

Re: Right broadband charges?

What exchange are you on- put your phone number in here and paste the result and what Plusnet service are you on?
moonrakers

Exchange name OLO County Region
Trowbridge SSTRO Wiltshire South West
PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 (Monthly Contract,
Activation and Modem Offer)
I supplied my own modem by the way.
Have been on this for years and years now.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is a Market 3 exchange so moving to one of the new products is probably a nobrainer - either Extra or Pro (I think your product has a 20GB allowance)
reserved
Grafter

As Oldjim says, a switch to another package would save a packet. Depending on your usage, Value + Talk Anytime (includes line rental) gives you 10 GB usage for £22.74 per month or Extra + Talk Anytime (includes line rental) gives you 60 GB for £27.74 per month.
See here for more details.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Note that Extra and Pro give you ADSL2+ speeds so if you are reasonably close to the exchange you could get much faster speeds