cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward card scam

jofru
Dabbler

Reward card scam

I am tired, like many others, of what appears to be a scam related to the reward card offered by plusnet through purecard .

The latest post from plusnet on the subject is revealing:
“....as the onus was on you to check your email or to raise this with us beforehand.“

This is a direct quote from plusnet staff: LordFoul.

The onus is on us to check if we received a claim email and if not, to inform staff. 2 months after it has been “sent”, our right to claim the card expires. Regardless whether our inbox mysteriously never received said email. (Yes I checked spam folder)

However, any attempt to inform the staff , that the claim email has not been sent, is ignored.

“The onus is on us.” Does that mean that it is our responsibility to attract staff attention by any means possible?

It has been a month that my plusnet has been active. No claim email has been sent (yes I have checked spam and the FAQs regarding reward cards).

Please solve this issue soon.
Thank you

PS. As the onus is on me to inform staff, I will be maintaining this post at the top of the forum as to insure staff are aware of the problem.
4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Reward card scam

I would have thought that provided the card hasn't already been claimed, then PlusNet can resend a new e-mail out. As long as they and the company who deal with it are satisifed nothing funny is going on.

I personally would perfer the cash, which I can spend in any shop in the UK (or get it changed up for another currency), rather than something you can only spend in one or a handful of shops. If they don't go bankrupt - I trust the Bank Of England more than I do a shop chain with my money.

That's why I never bother with vouchers (or 'Gift Cards' as they are now called).

Got a bit of a similar situation with my old US company. Was given some shares which I don't want. Well a company writes to me saying I have $3000 worth. I would rather have the cash please. I should call them tomorrow. Yep if it were $30 USD then I couldn't be bothered, but for those into accountancy $3000 is a bit different. 😉

jofru
Dabbler

The terms mention that you have two months to answer the claim email.
Though it also states that it is two months after you’ve received it...

Everyone would prefer cash ;). But these reward cards allow companies to make a promise to attract customers and then save money from customers giving up or forgetting to pursue the reward.

It’s a shame these tactics are allowed to thrive in the uk.
jofru
Dabbler

I have still had no claim email.

Please could a plusnet staff look into this.
Thank you
jofru
Dabbler

Its has been a month since activation, I have still had no claim email.

Yes I have checked the FAQ it does not help.

Yes I have checked my junk folder.

I have received all other emails from PlusNet, so any excuse regarding the email service not receiving the email is unjustified.

Please could a plusnet staff look into this.
Thank you