Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward card is a lie

preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Reward card is a lie

So I'm now chasing up my reward card as I haven't had the email within 10 days. I get this reply to my support ticket..

"Sorry about the delay in receiving your reward.

We have had a response from our marketing team who have let us know that they have had an error with the reporting system which allows them to send an email to claim the reward within 10 days after they go live.

This should be fixed soon, so please keep an eye out for the email."

You missed the 10 days and now I must wait for the email. You give me no time scale!

I'm not waiting any more for an email that's already past your deadline.

The least you can do is skip me waiting for the email even longer and send it to my house immediately otherwise I will cancel my service as you've broken your commitment.
34 REPLIES 34
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Reward card is a lie

Hi @preecejon

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear that your cashback reward has been delayed. As you've noted, my colleague has taken ownership of this for you here.

Just to confirm, we're unable to dispatch cashback rewards to you directly - these are fulfilled by a 3rd party company called Grassroots and the email which you receive contains a link that ties into their service to provide you with the cashback reward.

I'm sorry that you feel that you'll need to cancel your service on the back of this delay - obviously we don't want to lose you as a customer and will be happy to chase this accordingly via our marketing team (as my colleague is doing as per his ongoing ownership). Although I appreciate that a delay to the cashback is disappointing and frustrating, it is not a contractual requirement that we provide the email for this within 10 working days.

As you can see from the terms and conditions for cashback here, it is stated that " You'll normally receive this email within 10 working days of your first service being up and running." As I'm sure you can appreciate, sometimes events will occur that are beyond our control or foresight and as much as this isn't ideal for all concerned, it does not negate your contract or result in an alternative cashback method being provided.

Please let us know if my colleague doesn't pick this up for you and we'll be happy to chase on your behalf.

Best wishes

Dave

preecejon
Rising Star

"It's not our fault, it's someone else's"

"You can't leave, you're stuck with us now"

Great job there buddy.
preecejon
Rising Star

I'm contacting trading standards. I signed up based on the condition I would receive a £75 reward card. No reward card = no contract.

Cyaaaaaa
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Order to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @preecejon,

I'm sorry for the delay to your cashback redemption email, but I can confirm that you will definitely receive this as soon as the Grassroots issue is resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ0704
Dabbler

I'm having the same problem - but I've been told that there was a reward card at all.....  I signed up with an advertised £75 reward card - and was told yesterday that that only comes with broadband.  Is this not misrepresentation?  Ive been in touch with the help desk on both chat and phone - been passed to Grass Roots (who haven't received a notification)

Not very happy about this at all.  Enough to leave in fact.

Someone PLEASE sort this.

Thanks

A

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @AJ0704,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been told that you're not eligible for a reward card despite you signing up for an offer that advertised this. We can look into this further for you. Just to confirm, is this regarding a Plusnet Mobile account?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ0704
Dabbler

Hi Emily -yes, it was through Plusnet.  I signed up for two sims at the same time - one with a deal, one without)

Please email for further details.

(my fingers are crossed)

Adrian

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @AJ0704,

Thanks for confirming this information. So we can take a further look into this I'd request that you please send me a private message with the following information attached:

- Your Mobile Number
- Your Full Name (And whether or not you're the account holder)
- Your Full Address (Including Postcode)

Once we've received this information we'll be back in touch to follow up on this as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
preecejon
Rising Star

This is unacceptable.

When a customer misses a payment you will fine them and create a deadline for the payment to be made.

But when you (or your third party) miss a payment deadline you just say you'll fix it "soon"?!

Well I'll be paying my bill SOON. Who knows when, just soon. And if you charge me a fee for a late payment I'll charge you exactly the same for your late reward payment.

You can't treat customers like this. You're not getting a penny from me until you fix this and compensate me for the hassle.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @preecejon.

While I appreciate the frustration this is causing, we are trying to resolve this for you as swiftly as possible. I'm afraid as the email is sent by a 3rd party we'd be unable to provide you an exact deadline as to when you will receive this email.

Regards

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
preecejon
Rising Star

My plusnet bills are being paid by a third party. So I can't let you know when they will be paid...soz bout that but seems you're ok with it being an excuse so I won't loose any sleep over it.

Gotta love the third party "not my problem" excuse aint ya
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @AJ0704

I have sent you a Private Message, please check your forum inbox.

Please comment on this thread, once you have responded.

Many thanks.

preecejon
Rising Star

You say the email is sent by a third party...but the faq section states you send them, which is it?

"1. How do I claim my Plusnet Reward Card?
You'll get an email sent to the email address you provided when you signed up. You'll normally receive this email within 10 working days of your first service being up and running.

Open the email and click on the link — it's valid for two months from the date WE SENT IT. You'll then be directed to an online form. Fill in your details on this form and then click 'submit'.