cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Plusnet

LNNFN
Dabbler

Returning to Plusnet

I moved away from DLM (and Plusnet) 4 years ago. Yesterday, my FTTC cabinet went 'live' (7 months after it was 'nailed to the floor') and my current ISP has no immediate plans to offer Fibre services to its Customers.
I now wish to return to Plusnet and use my previous Username. However, when I attempted to use my previous Username, I received the following;
Create new account
Username
The username you entered is already taken, please pick another
Usernames must be 5 to 16 characters in length, lowercase, with no spaces or special characters, and must start with two letters. This lets you log into our website and forms part of your Plusnet email address. Once you've chosen your username you can't change it.
Password

How do I re-establish the use of my previous Username/account?
I've tried calling  0800 073 1120, but none of the menu items seem to be appropriate for my query.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Returning to Plusnet

Speaking to the provisioning team on 0800 432 0200 is probably the best way forward. However I think they are available 09:00 to 17:30 weekdays only.
David
LNNFN
Dabbler

Quote from: spraxyt
Speaking to the provisioning team on 0800 432 0200 is probably the best way forward...

Thanks for the tip!
Unfortunately (possibly due to incorrect menu choices by me), I ended up in the same location as when dialling  0800 073 1120.  Embarrassed
Option 2, option 6, then wait (15 mins - I'm in the queue) .
EDIT: What I should have stated in my opening post is the reason for wanting to use my previous Username: I was hoping to re-gain control of the web space associated with my previous Username (the web site associated with my previous Username is still 'online', but I cannot modify it as I'm not currently a Plusnet Customer).
I've just seen the reply from Jameseh.  Sad
Telephone sales have suggested adding numbers to the end of my previous Username during sign-up.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Welcome back to Plusnet!
I'm afraid that you will not be able to use your old usernames, etc.  Due to our data retention policies these have been archived and you will need to select a different username.