cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer

JOC2

Returning customer

I have been a customer for over 15 years, but had to temporarily suspend my account to email only whilst I rented a property that had virgin media connected. I was pleased to find that this could be done at no cost, so left things open with a credit balance to reuse later.
I rang to re-enable my account a few weeks ago, to be told that wasn’t possible and I’d need a new ID and account as email only accounts can’t be re-enabled. I find that unbelievably poor though as an answer. But I proceeded to start again and booked for an engineer to visit after I moved in this week.
No one turns up and when I call am told that my order from a couple of weeks ago was cancelled ??????
No plausible explanation is offered and this is despite getting those confusing help desk ticket updates saying My order was being processed.
Can I ask for someone to please get this sorted for me and help to get an explanation as to why this has failed so badly.
Thanks.

Note: I have had to post this using a a new ID as I can’t seem to login with my previous forum account JOC.
4 REPLIES 4
JOC2

Re: Returning customer

What is the usual wait for a new fibre account to be set up?

JOC2

I called customer services again to find that my fibre order has been rejected a second time and has now to be placed manually a third time......... what kind of process is this, why should I have to keep chasing up and requesting an order redone when plusnet’s systems can’t flag to someone that there is a problem???!
I thought virgin media were bad, but this is becoming a joke, but it’s not funny as I need to be connected for work and 3 weeks is a disgracefully long time to wait just for my order to be successfully placed.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ JOC2,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the experience with provisioning, I appreciate the issues have caused you frustration. Please accept my apologies for this or any inconvenience.

I can see your orders have been submitted again today. I have taken ownership of the orders and will work with our suppliers Openreach to ensure your provision is successful. I will keep you infirmed via the ticket if there are anyh further issues or delays.

You can keep an eye on the ticket here and also respond if you have any questions.

Thanks - LF

JOC2

Thank you for picking this up and for the other follow up.