Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retentions Team - Im certainly not impressed

FIXED
janarthur66
Dabbler

Retentions Team - Im certainly not impressed

Hi,

I have been with Plusnet for over 8 years, same broadband / telephone package I've had since joining. I never changed as me & my husband retired and it served our needs as life broadband users. We use our iPads & watch the odd Netflix on our smart TV. We don't own a PC etc.  We have a fibre connection with the telephone.  Both me & my husband also use Plusnet for our mobiles too, but I know this is separate completely from our home service.

Anyway I found what I was paying rather expensive compared to other deals out there. And even checking what Plusnet offer new customers on there homepage (I realise intro offers are always good) was WAY less than I was paying as a loyal long term customer. So i did some searching for better deals along with my brother who is very up on these things & he suggested before changing providers speak to Plusnet to see what they can offer.

As far as I can remember I've never spoken to anyone from CS before as I never really needed to. But the experience yesterday  was really awful, tbh the way in which the advisor spoke to me made me feel like a child that wasn't allowed to leave & look elsewhere for better deals. First I was told the deal I saw elsewhere with another provider didn't exist (even when I explained to her she can go look herself on their homepage??) Then when she did offer me a cheaper option at approx  £26 (I was paying around £36-40 pm) she stressed "this would not be offered to you ever again" if you don't take this deal today?? Overall the experience was awful & the CS advisor very condersending  if I'm honest - I was extremely polite & was merely explaining things were getting expensive for what other providers are offering.  I felt a little intimidated and just went along with what she offered just to get off the phone. 

Later I spoke to my brother & he advised me to look elsewhere - there's lots of offerings and many with cash back deals, either direct from the provider or via Quidco (which I use often for other things)  And also he explained the router I'm using is old, same one I got when I joined Plusnet. No new equipment was offered by this lady I spoke to from retentions team. Then I received an email confirming my new package but it was around £42?? so I rang back and spoke to a lovely gentlemen who said the previous CS agent had made an error and he had sorted it out for £26 for me.

A couple of hours ago our broadband went off & I'm thinking it maybe due to my change in package...I'm not sure at all as no email outlined by service would go off? My brother is popping down tomorrow to have a look as he lives 30 miles away & not local.

Anyway in hindsight I believe I have 7 days to consider this offer from retentions & I'm still able to cancel ..after all this terrible experience I'm strongly thinking of moving to another provider. It's a shame really as I've never had any issues ever with my broadband or Plusnet but after kinda of 9 years with you I expected a better overall experience & surely a new router would be a standard.  I thought I would post on here for any advice? ..although I will be emailing customer relations separately as I realise this is just a community support forum. 
Sorry long post, thank you 

11 REPLIES 11
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Retentions Team - Im certainly not impressed

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @janarthur66, thanks for getting in touch. 

I am really sorry for the experience you have had when getting in touch with our Retentions Team, I can assure you this is not the level of service we aim to provide and feedback will be passed on internally where appropriate.

With regards to the service, can you confirm if you're still experiencing issues with the connection?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
janarthur66
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I received an email explaining my broadband product change is now complete and to enter my broadband username into my router. I have logged into my router but can't find anywhere in there where I am supposed to enter this broadband username ending "plusdsl.net".  It's showing as it's connected in the router.

I'm at present speaking with my brother who has explained to try resetting it with a paper clip, which I am about to do shortly.

I'm using a Technicolour 582n router, as I said in my earlier post the same one I've used for years.

My brother is emailing the CEO office directly later today to give feedback on my poor experience with retentions. He is a member of a UK consumer group & he is going to email for me as I know nothing about broadband / tech stuff, he does.

I will repeat again tho - for a customer who has been with you as long as I have, surely newer more up to date equipment shouldn't be such an issue? It's extremely disappointing.

Anyway, that aside thanks for your assistance nonetheless, it's appreciated. ;0)

PS - it would of also been nice to have been informed my broadband would go off for a day - either verbally when I changed package or via an email.  At least I would of known why it was not working. 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @janarthur66

Sorry you are not able to change your username - can you please try the following; 

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

I agree you should have been made aware that you may experience a gap in service - I will pass this along as feedback as well. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

janarthur66
Dabbler

I don't have a Hub One - see previous post, it's the 582n router 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Apologies @janarthur66

Please try the following; 

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254 or alternatively, you can click here.

2) When you connect to this page, you will be prompted for a Username and Password. The username is 'admin' and the password is found on the back of the router it starts 'CPXXXXXXXXX'

3) On the left, click the option that reads 'Broadband Connections' followed by 'Internet Services'

4) On the far right click the button that says 'Disconnect' so that it changes to 'Connect'

If it is already reads 'Connect' then you can leave this as is.

5) Click View More and this will prompt you for your username and password. Your username is followed by @plusdsl.net and the password is your account password. Once you have entrerd these click 'Connect'.

Once this is completed you should be online.

Thanks, 

MoR

janarthur66
Dabbler

Thank you, i can now find where I enter the broadband username, is the password the same password I would use to login to my plusnet online account? 
My brother is talking me through it as he won't be here till later, but it doesn't seem to like the password (it's not connecting).
My brother went into my online account and changed the password and we tried again with new password, but still no joy unfortunately.
All I get is "connection cannot be established" -  I have double checked to ensure the broadband login is correct (exactly as given) & also the password?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @janarthur66 

Looking at your account, it appears that there is now and active connection. 

Can yo confirm that you are able to get on the internet now? 

Thanks, 

MoR

janarthur66
Dabbler

Sorry I had to go out, I will recheck connection when I get back. Thank you again 😉

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks @janarthur66, let us know how you get on Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
janarthur66
Dabbler

My brother just arrived at my house, he's just text me to confirm the broadband is now online & working fine.

Thanks so much for all your help, it's more appreciated than you can imagine ;0)