cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resurrecting old account?

emardee
Hooked

Resurrecting old account?

Back in 2012 we had an broadband account with yourselves which was being paid for by referrals, which we put on hold. Because we had nowhere to move it to, we put it the connection on hold. (I think it was classed as a house move, that was never completed).

I used to be able to login to the account, and still see the invoices still being generated, with the referral credit too paying for them.

I am possibly wanting to finally bring things back to life and "complete the house move".... however when I login, I can no longer see invoices etc. and it tells me "an upgrade is in progress".

Original order number from 2008 is HW14395144 which should give you details of the account, without giving away private info.

I can still see the details for the last address the account was live on, but I no longer live at that last address. I just updated the email on the account though, so is now to my main email address.

Would love some help working out how to get this account active again. Happy to either start a new account, and switch the referral credit over.... or to try to resurrect this old account at a new address.

Could someone take look behind the scenes and see what looks to be possible.

Thanks.

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Resurrecting old account?

Welcome back @emardee 

I suspect the account was downgraded to a free account, because in 2012 we didn’t have a billing system that allowed us to put bills on hold, even now the maximum amount of time we’d do this during a house move is 90 days, if you know where you’re moving to. 

Assuming we’re no longer generating subscription charges which the referral credits are covering, we wouldn’t be able to ‘revive’ it, because due to the way our newer billing system works we migrated to in 2018, once the account billing is terminated, it can’t be brought back. 

If you create a new account, we may be able to transfer your referrals across as a gesture of goodwill.

I’m not in the office, though I may log on at some point later as I can WFH, but one of my colleagues may be able to pick this up sooner and take a closer look. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
emardee
Hooked

Thanks for your help.

Creating a new account and porting the referrals across would work fine, so once we know everything will work OK for that, I can proceed.

There is certainly something oddabout the old account, since it talks about an upgrade already being in action. I seem to remember that someone intervened behind the scenes to put it in this state to keep the referrals alive for me,... however that also might mean that it didn't traverse the platform upgrade very well being in an abnormal state already. Certainly for quiy=te a while (longer than 90 days) it was still generating invoices and credits every month for the broadband, even though it wasn't actually installed anywhere! But that looks to have ceased a while back.

Last time I looked there was about £6.75 credit per month, but this might have changed since. Would be great to know how much credit per month remains on the account. If someone could look this and send me a PM with the month credit amount that can be transferred, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Mike

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to me Mike, that makes sense.

Do you happen to have a ticket/question reference from an e-mail we may have sent in 2012 about this?

I’ll take a look tomorrow when I’m in the office, though I can’t guarantee it’s possible to transfer the credit. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
emardee
Hooked

No unfortunately not and I couldn't find anything in the portals either.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Ah no problem, I’ll see what I can do tomorrow 

emardee
Hooked

I sent a PM earlier with account details confirmed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers, following our messages over the weekend, I've just PM'd you back now. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet