cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions

judotim71
Hooked

Restrictions

Ridiculous to say pay in 14 days or restricted broadband you do it straight away and on a bloody Sunday!!!!
10 REPLIES 10
Denzle
Grafter

Re: Restrictions

I believe this is the tenth consecutive month that restrictions to my account have been applied the very day the bill was generated. I even contacted the helpline two days before the dreaded 22nd of the month (Bill due) and offered to pay online before the inevitable restrictions were put in place. Unfortunately it’s not policy to pay in advance or until the bill is generated. Guess what happened again on the 22nd? Just been in discussions with helpline again this morning and requested that restrictions be lifted and could they please take payment!! In all honesty the helpline gentleman was very sympathetic. He actually conceded that there have been many issues with the billing unlike several of his colleagues who I’ve spoken to in the past who deny all knowledge of the problem. When will this issue be resolved? I’m back online now so rant over........until next month.

Thank you. Denzle

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Would setting up automated payment arrangements help to avoid this problem every month?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@Townman  PLUSNET fixing the BILLING would avoid this every month Crazy3

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @judotim71 @Denzle @smiffy1

We're really sorry that this issue is still ongoing. There are a number of variations causing this issue for some customers. The most common we have seen is no active payment details being on the account. 

This is actively being worked on by our back office teams but it's not something we can provide a time frame for regarding a fix until this is cascaded to frontline agents. 

We really appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this issue and can appreciate that this is less than ideal. If you have any other queries that we may assist you with, please feel free to give us a shout as we are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@OllieC  @Townman  FYI the non payment Nag screen BUG has been known about for YEARS Angry  search the Forum ,,  from 2017 Roll_eyes

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Failed-payment/m-p/1430739/highlight/true#M76751

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @smiffy1 thank you for bringing this to our attention. However the linked post is related to an isolated incident and not indicative of a wider system issue. Please note that we introduced a new billing system in September 2018 so any billing threads prior to this are likely to be unrelated.

Kind Regards,

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There is not a “THE ISSUE” as has been shown by some users clearly advising what they do see as opposed to what they are not achieving. The end symptom might be similar, but that is not the same thing and not understanding that does not help move forwards. Anyone can stand on the bank, lobbing stones to the water and watch the ripples spread out, but that does nothing to help drain the swamp.

Not having payment arrangements register in an account is a significant contributory factor to crating this experience. That is. It to say that there are not others which are reported to be being actively progressed.

Clear reporting of what is actually seen by users is helping to inform the variations experienced.

There are a number of ‘fixes’ here - establishment of automated payment arrangements is one solution clearly available to users, irrespective of Plusnet’s failures.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Denzle
Grafter

Thank you for your input Townman. My credit card details have been registered for years, and for years my bills have been paid automatically. Until last September!!!! I don’t consider myself a stone thrower just someone who’s been caught up in this billing debacle. Let’s see what happens next bill date (22 July).....Watch this space.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The stone thrower was not a comment on yourself, there are a number of people making the same comments everywhere which do not move the debate forward.

The SUs have discussions running on this and other subjects where having facts help inform the discussion. Many people are finding themselves in this position through having no automated payment arrangements in place or they having no funds available.

If you have payment arrangements in place with no reason for there to be a processing issue, then clearly this is a distinct case as stated above. Your contribution here will help inform that discussion. Thank you.

Denzle
Grafter

Thank you for the explanation Townman. Obviously crossed wires.

Denzle.