cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted access

Blueyes1985

Restricted access

I have had an account for many years and never miss, this month the payment due on the 11 failed, I had an email saying I get 14 days to pay, but yet my service is already restricted, to the point I can't even get online to pay the bill now, can never get through on phone and Im not very happy about having to pay to have restrictions lifted when it's still only the beginning of the month anyway so technically I haven't used the service I'm being stopped from using, even to pay a bill, surely this isn't right?
And I hear that u can bypass this page, well I can't skip this page and I can't connect to internet, tbh it's really annoying that this would happen to loyal customers, surely 14 days should mean 14 days?
2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Restricted access

Thanks for your post @Blueyes1985 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're unable to bypass the failed payment interruption we've placed. 

When trying to browse you should just see a page that's a reminder to pay but with an option to bypass it if your payment's not been outstanding for more 14 days or more, and we wouldn't charge you a late payment fee until day 14.

I've just lifted the interruption now so you should be able to get onto your account to pay or browse the internet normally. You may see two more interruptions though before day 14 if you don't pay, as we'd apply interruptions on days 1, 5 and 10, but feel free to post back if you can't bypass them and we'll be happy to manually remove it for you again. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Restricted access

The same thing happened to me on Monday - for the first time in 22 years !

My internet connection got restricted about 14 hours after Plusnet failed to take the payment from me, despite having a valid and confirmed payment method registered in the "Member Centre".

As you said, the broadband restrictions are supposed to start 14 days after a failed payment -

Payment Details.jpg

In my case the so-called "restriction" they put on my connection ONLY BLOCKED  www.plus.net  so I was unable to make the payment without help from staff,  but I still had completely unrestricted access to everything else on the internet at my normal line speed !