Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restictions on braodband ?

FIXED
Cazlizzy
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Restictions on braodband ?

Hi..My broadband bill was due today and because my income has not been paid in yet it failed. Not a huge problem as it will be paid in the next couple of days however service restrictions have already been applied within hours of the failed payment attempt. this has happened before and you guys fixed it..can you fix it again please? 

17 REPLIES 17
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Restictions on braodband ?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Fix

Hi @Cazlizzy,

We are aware of a small number of customers that are not seeing the splash screen when interruptions are applied meaning this cannot be bypassed on your side. I've now removed the soft restriction for you from this end. You might have to reboot your router for this to take effect.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

thank you..it is fine now.  Not sure what you mean by 'small number' lol..there are a lot of continuious complaints about this.  Seems to me there is a big problem with both mobile and broadband billing systems/pages.

Just hope it gets sorted .

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Cazlizzy,

I can assure you the relevant team are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Could the restrictions also be removed from my line also have tried to call in gave up after waiting 30 mins listening to the silly music cannot access the live chat due to the restrictions.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @jamesanstee

I have responded on your thread.

smiffy1
Pro

@Cazlizzy  the small amount of customers are increasing every day Shocked

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Cazlizzy 

Once you have cleared the current bill, you might find it helpful to move your billing date a little, so that there is less chance of the Plusnet bill hitting your account before to income does.  The Change Bill Date option can be found under Billing -> Bills & Payments.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Wasn't this discussed last week smiffy1😁😁😁😁😁
smiffy1
Pro

@Shep41  But it increases every week Shocked

?? just thought ,,, Can a small amount increase every week ?

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm curious to know how many people are affected by the billing issue. No doubt a su will jump down on me again
smiffy1
Pro

Cool_smiley yes i know what you mean Crazy2

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

I think it's about time ofcom investigated this matter because this billing hassle has gone on for far too long . Hopefully i won't be with plusnet for much longer since virgin is soon to be available in my area so soon as that goes live i'll be jumping ship.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

And an Ofcom investigation will achieve exactly what? A big fat zero!

Do you think they have skills Plusnet has not hit which will magically fix the system issues?

Do you think that draining financial resources via fines will help fix the issues?

Has Ofcom ever delivered any improvement on anything? If you examine what they have done, they’ve largely placed obligations on parties not responsible for the failures they seek to remedy - ISPs for speed issues solely in the gift of BT to deliver; missed appointments by BT being made an ISP compensation matter.

Ofcom do not help deliver improvement - they simply hinder and when they see a real opportunity to force improvement they claim an inability to do so because of EU rules.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.