cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved - Very Disappointed - Not on unlimited fibre.

thewoodvines

Resolved - Very Disappointed - Not on unlimited fibre.

Back in December 2012, I ordered the Plusnet Extra Fibre 250 package, which was installed on the 21st Dec. Everything went well with the order and install.
The only thing that came up was that Plusnet announced their unlimited fibre package (for the same monthly price) shortly (as in a couple of weeks) after I had placed my order. Like many other people at the time, I wanted to change my order from Fibre 250 to unlimited and, as posted in this forum http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,109981.msg941853.html#msg941853 it was indicated that all that was needed was a phone call to arrange this.
I did indeed do this, ringing up to request the change to unlimited, and then again few weeks later when the name of my broadband package was still showing as Fibre 250. I was assured that my account would operate as unlimited even though it was showing as Fibre 250. I was happy - I would not get any nasty surprises related to internet usage.
Fast forward to last night and an email from Plusnet saying that I exceeded my 250GB allowance and was being charged £5 for 5GB, etc.
As I was under the impression I was on an unlimited package, I rang Plusnet today to relate the above situation and find out what was going on.
It seems that there is no record of my calls to move up to unlimited and that I am currently on the Fibre 250 package, not the unlimited I requested in December 2012.
I requested that I was moved over to unlimited but without the reset on the contract length to 18 months, as I do not want to be tied into a further 18 months at the moment.
I have been told that moving to unlimited is only possible with a new 18 month contract, but have been refunded the £5 usage charge, which is appreciated.
I'm disappointed that my request to move to unlimited was not acted upon at the time of my request and that I'd be trapped in an 18 month contract if I moved to unlimited.
It really would be appreciated if this could be looked into further and I could be moved to unlimited for the remainder of my existing contract.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Very Disappointed - Not on unlimited fibre.

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear about this, though I'm glad we've refunded the extra usage. I can see you were told by one of our agents back in December '12 that Extra would be moving to Unlimited, which has never been the case - I'll make sure that gets fed back.
If you're willing, we'd be happy to move you onto Unlimited with 6 months remaining on the contract, which is as it would have been if you'd moved back then? Please let us know if that's an acceptable compromise and we'll get it sorted for you.
EDIT: Apologies, it'd be 5 months remaining on the contract, so that's what would remain if you moved to Unlimited today.
thewoodvines

Hi Matt,
Thanks for investigating this matter further, much appreciated.
If you could move me over to unlimited for the remainder of the contract that would be excellent - My son will be pleased as he'll be able to watch netflix again!
Many Thanks,
Will
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's been done for you, enjoy Netflix and sorry it didn't get done back in 12/12!
thewoodvines

No problem - Thanks for sorting it out for me!