cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated overcharge on account

dent815

Repeated overcharge on account

It seems I am not the only one with this problem but maybe worth a try registering the complaint here since the online chat advisors, while polite, can't actually seem to do anything about it.

My bill has been consistently over the agreed price for broadband since contract renewal back in April. Chat on 22 April said that it was "issue (IMT-2487) with the billing system system which is preventing us from adding discounts to certain accounts currently."

I asked again yesterday (July 22) and no progress. It seems pretty poor that this can't be sorted in 3 months.

Any recommendations on getting something to happen?
16 REPLIES 16
Swingle
Dabbler

Re: Repeated overcharge on account

I also had this problem with over charging. However after a 'long' argument with customer services - I was told to stop bothering them - I have, at the begining of each charging session been given a ;credit' on my account. Why PN can't sort out this issue is a nusinace. I really don't know why we have to finance PN lack of intreset in getting this sorted.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @dent815 I am deeply sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your account billing service for the past few months.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this ticket by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Same problem,this month PN owe me £14.57,overpaid on July 22.I thought that I might receive an email,"Congratulations you are owed a rebate" but not happened yet!

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @biggles001,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that, I appreciate you querying your bill as it should be correct. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I can see here that the issue has been responded to today and should now be resolved.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you for your prompt reply,problem fixed for now,any forecast as to when then solution will be available?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @biggles001 

any forecast as to when then solution will be available?

This is still being monitored and as soon as updates are given to us, we will cascade them through the regular channels. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

SimonHobson
Rising Star

While I'm not keen on doing it ...

ME TOO

One of the accounts I deal with has consistently overcharged by £18/mo for FTTC because an agreed discount wasn't applied.

Last time I complained, manual credits were added - which showed up another mess with the billing system. The credits were more than the services, so a total that is negative. But it still showed the same incorrect amount to be paid.

I see from The Register https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/07/24/plusnet_vodafone_ofcom/ that Plusnet have hit top spot again for complaints - a lot of them about billing. This must be costing them a fortune in accounts & CS staff time dealing with problems that are of their own making. I've just opened another ticket, so I expect more manual credits and no fix.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this @SimonHobson.

If you can drop me a PM with the username in question I'd be more than happy to look into this for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SimonHobson
Rising Star

PM sent.

But really, people shouldn't be having to take to the forums to get BASIC things like this sorted.

Jesshana

Same issue. I have just been told that I will have my account credited. I’ve just come home from work to find out my account is restricted and I am now unable to go on the plusnet website to pay my bil or have my restriction lifted. This has been happening where the bill isn’t correct and I have been over charged, the person I spoke to today was very nice and is to credit my account but I was not informed I would have my services restricted even though the agreed amount was not taken from my bank and this it plus keys error not mine!
Jesshana

Hi can someone In the PLUSNET TEAM PLEASE CALL ME TO SORT THIS OUT! Your restrictions are restricting me from sorting out the balances!
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Jesshana

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you have been having a similar experience.

I have made changes to the settings on your account which should allow you get back online and access your account correctly.

Just let us know through thi9s thread if you are still having issues and we can assist you.

george4064

I have been having similar issues here. I paid for the fixed line rental upfront for 12 months and PlusNet have never discounted my bill to factor this in.

I phoned them earlier this week to inform them, the nice lady on the phone confirmed I had been overcharged and that it would be fixed.

However next bill comes along and I'm still getting charged the full price without any discount!

Quite embarrassing for PN and also inconvenient for me to have to phone again to tell them that I'm still being overcharged.

Might be easier to just cancel my contract on the grounds that PN are unable to charge the correct amount and therefore are in breach of contract.

Anything I can do?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @george4046, I have had a look into your account for and provided a more detailed response on the account for you here  (this is due to containing specific information relating to your account billing).

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team