Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing my contract...

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Renewing my contract...

I'm on an 18 month contract - unlimited fast fibre broadband,call package and landline.  I was under the impression it was terminating fairly soon but on checking this morning I see it runs untill August 2020 so a good few months to go...  My question was can I expect the renewal price to increase appreciably?  I appreciate that it will go up a bit but my concern is that i negotiated a good price and I'm concerned that there may be a big hike in price, so ideally i need to be aware of what to expect so that i have time to look around for another ISP.  I'd be saddened to leave Plusnet as i've been with them for years.

I also have a Plusnet email address, if I leave Plusnet i will presumably lose this?  

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Renewing my contract...

@PNnewbie 

Plusnet might try a large price hike on to see if you bite but there's nothing to stop you negotiating an acceptable deal. If your contract runs out in August then start looking around/haggling as soon as you get your July bill. That will give you a month to get things sorted.

Plusnet will let you keep your email.account free of charge if you set it up before you leave. However if you look through the posts on the email board you will find that it can go wrong.

Personally I would never use an ISP free email account or trust them to keep my correspondence.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@PNnewbie 

As @Baldrick1 says you can negotiate a new contract deal before your existing one runs out. Plusnet will let you do so anytime within the last three months of your contract so you can test the water early and if that offer is not good enough you can go back for further attempts. The Plusnet team who deal with this are the Customer Options Team and their direct number is 0800 013 2632.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @PNnewbie and apologies for the delayed staff response.

I'd also recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 as we'd love to discuss what we can offer you for your renewal to keep you as a loyal long standing customer. 

We'll allow you to renew within the last 3 months of a contract, so depending on how good the offer you're on is and the new offer you get, it may be worth leaving it to the last minute to benefit from your existing deal as long as possible. It's also worth noting that our renewal offers one day may not be the same the next day as they can change periodically.

If you do decide to leave us, as long as you tell us (here, Facebook, Twitter or call us) before your account is cancelled that you'd like to keep your emails, we'll be able to arrange that for you and change your account type to email only.

The process for this currently isn't the best experience though as we'd need to allow the cancellation to go first, this will generate the final bill and ensure you're not billed following that. Once the cancellation happens, while your emails will stop working, we'll then reactivate your account and you'll need to re-setup your mailbox(es) as they were by going to Manage My Mail Here. You should then be back up and running with your emails on an email only account. 

If you haven't or don't already, I recommend you log into the Manage My Mail to make a note of all the mailbox(es) and settings you've got as this will make it easier to re-setup them up afterwards.

Feel free to post back or send me a private message if you do decide to go ahead, so we can make sure that a task is raised to the relevant team to reactivate your account as soon as we can (Once we've raised the task it can take up to 3 working days for the work to be completed, although recently I've seen these completed within a matter of hours)

That's just if you leave us though, going back to discussing a renewal deal, again feel free to post back or PM me when the time comes and I'd be happy to arrange for somebody from our customer options team to call you back. 

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks Gandalf.

I'll take your advice and contact the appropriate people at PlusNet ~3 months before my contract expires and see what they have to offer.  Thinking back I got a really good price for fast fibre broadband and I expect to have to pay a 'bit' more but realistically if it's anywhere near what I'm paying at the moment I'll probably stay with Plusnet.

Thanks again and I trust you got my earlier PM?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @PNnewbie and sounds like a plan!

Yep I messaged you back last Friday at 6:27 PM by the way. 

Let me know if you've got any further queries. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Please could one of the PlusNet Reps on here take a look at my Question #199370646  on the Plusnet portal.

I was offered a renewal of my LRS at £197.88 but couldn't accept it because the System was locked out for a month while it made the "change" to accept the offer to extend my Broadband and Phone contract.

The embargo ended on 25 March and when I tried to extend the LRS, the Price is showing at £209.98. I raised a "Question! and also tried to Phone and pay the £197.88 but you appear not to be attending to the Question System and your Call Centres and Chat systems are not operating.

Please could you resolve this for me.