Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing contract with online *Special Offer*

Suffer-proudly
Dabbler

Re: Renewing contract with online *Special Offer*

Hi plusmouse,

Goodness, it feels as if I've known you for years, I think we are on first name terms!  Who would have thought to go onto these forums one can meet, greet and make friends . . . . . without catching "the bug".     😊      Thanks for your input and moral support.     👍      

If the policy of a company is a transfer window of 10 working days (two weeks).  For that 10 working days claim to carry any legitimacy, I expect it to start from the moment a customer ask to be transferred give or take a couple of days. 

If the company procedures allow (force ?) employees to stall and then start counting the 10 days only once they are ready, surely a 10 day transfer window is a load of crock.   It is not 10 days, it is 'when we feel like it'. 

Also just to clarify, the activation was not on the 13th.  Look at the date/line after that.

Regarding the payment PN wants.  Yep it is anybody's guess as to what it is for and trust me I want to know but, Plusnet is not telling.  I find it difficult to believe it is for services we used because (1) they were charging us a heck of a lot (!!!) in advance and (2) we were away most of the time over that period. Even so, if I do owe it, I want to know before I pay anything. 

Something else I am wondering about is if it is legal for a company to try to take money out of a customer's account without the customer's knowledge, notifying the customer first, or inform them what it is for.  I'm guessing but I think they are walking on very thin ice here.   

I think I lost the plot, I've gone mad.  I received this in an e-mail from Plusnet on 23/03/2020.

"We're sad to hear that you've requested to cancel your Plusnet services, but we've done as you asked and placed your cancellation request.

The cancellation will take place on 23rd March 2020. "

OK . . . . . .     🤔      🙄     🤐     😵

Award-winning customer service . . . . . .  😶    😐    🤔   🙂   😊   😆   😄    🤣     😂

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Re: Renewing contract with online *Special Offer*

Hi Suffer -proudly. Dates and timelines send me loopy too so your not alone! I received a bank statement this morning and my final PN payment for my old/current contract has been taken so that`s a relief as I haven`t been able to get to a cash machine to check with this virus circulating. My next payment date is for April 10th so I`m not too sure if the cross over will cause me any additional monetary amounts or a pro-rata rate which can normally happen when an old contract ends and a new contract starts. If payments are taken in advance (my new months payment will be £19.99p per month) so it might just be that amount that's taken on this date for my 1st installment of my new 18 month fixed contract but until the DD is taken I won`t know. 

This 10 working days thing. I thought it was 14 days? 🤔 What I practice is, don`t agree a new contract or switch before the final payment is taken and then either hit the re-contract button if you have a deal ready to go, or if a deal has been offered either through the account or by email, phone retentions (my call was answered within minutes!) and say "Hello- I`d like to recontract please".....and once the call handler has asks some security questions, you point to the offer(s) you have been given and either say your happy to go with one, or indeed, discuss a reduction or pricing that`s suitable for your pocket. If they won`t budge, you switch.

Strangely enough, it was John Lewis I would have switched to had PN not given me a decent offer because JL offer unlimited BB & line, but also with FREE evening and weekend calls on the landline for around the £20/£22 mark which is a good offer. But I tend to use my mobile for calls anyway so it wasn`t the deal breaker for me.

The extra money you have had taken Suffer -proudly between the date you have given PN should be explained whether the payment was legit, or whether PN owe you money. All I can say is, if your final payment was taken for your contract and you then switched away to John Lewis, closing your DD with PN shouldn`t have mattered if they were paid that final payment, but not being a PN staff member, I cannot know (or even mildly) offer up a solution. If PN are saying you owe the money because you were then out of contract? and the price structure went up to the out of contract price as a consequence, that may explain the higher pricing? But until your given an official explanation around the dates you won`t know. 

Stay calm because these things do sort themselves out. 👍