cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing contract with online *Special Offer*

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Renewing contract with online *Special Offer*

Hi - Just wanted know from someone from Plusnet on this really. I`ve been with Plusnet now for around four years? Not sure about the actual length but have had no issues whatsoever and have been very content with my `deals` thus far. I have been waiting on my current 24 month contract to end on April 3rd soon and have a "Special Offer" in my account to sign up for unlimited BB and Line Rental only for another 18 months at £22.99p. Currenly paying £26.98p amonth having had a few price rises over the duration of the past 24 months.

My questions about signing up for this new monthly contract for 18 months are:

1.It states in the legal bit : FIXED price BB and Line Rental. This WON`T change during your contract. 

So is this legit? I won`t see any price rises with the BB OR the Line Rental within this 18 months if I sign up?

2. My second question is, if I sign up for this deal today or tomorrow, will my current contract ending on April 3rd and my NEW contract begining on the 4th, will see no drops in usage or any changes happening while this swicth happens? Willit just be an automatic drop to the price I`m paying but just continue to use the service as normal and notice the price changing re-my account/DD payments?

I take it this is a standard/ADSL Unlimited deal and NOT Fibre as I don`t want fibre and paid for Fibre with BT before and paid for Fibre when I was getting ADSL speeds! Which are adequate formy use so I don`t require very fast Fibre anyway. 

Many thanks. 

31 REPLIES 31
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Renewing contract with online *Special Offer*

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@plusmouse Sorry, I'm not PN staff, but having just gone down that exact route to re-contract, hope this will answer your questions.

(1) Thats what it says, and barring any change to the VAT rate, that is what you will pay -PN can't wriggle on that.Wink

(2) You will see nothing in the way of drops online - just the dropin price on your new contract which will start 04/04 with no need for you to do anything more.

Yes - it is a new price/contract for exactly the same service.

Because I'm a 'belts & braces' type, I did double check my February bill, but it was all as I expected. Had it not been, I would have shouted.

John
gafferc
Dabbler

I also wanted to sign up to this offer but when I went to do it I got sent round in a circle -- it asked me to logon although I was already logged on and going back to try again sent me back to the same place.

I rang Customer Services and it was done for me ... or was it?

I did this some time in January (forgot the date) and my account now shows that my next bill is due on Feb 1st -- I haven't had an email to say how much my bill was going to be and nothing has been taken out of my bank account by Direct Debit.

I also has a message on my account page:

"An error has occurred

You can't change your products for the moment, our system may be updating.
 Please try again later."

Last year, after the billing system was changed, my account said my next bill was due on Jan 1st but I didn't get one until October.

Is this a repeat?

Chris

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for your replies John and Chris. Appreciate your input being two other members signed up to renewing contracts in this way through the account offers and just making sure it is what it states to be. I would be happy to click the "Get This New Deal" tab and continue forwards knowing my BB and Line would stay exactly as it is but with the knowledge that I would be paying what I can afford with the price drop and that the price would indeed be `fixed` for the 18 month duration. 

Just need some clarity from Plusnet on what Chris picked upon though with the problems around actually getting the deal and not seeing any `error` messages while trying. That would be a shame as my payments and usage have (so far) been flawless.

jab1
Legend

I can only speak for myself, but my contract renewal via this route went without a hitch - and my February bill, the first on the new contact price came through as expected on the 09/02/20.

I am not going to comment on Chris's experience, although I have seen the odd mention of this before, but I don't think it is a general problem - there must have quite a few re-contracts via this route, but as usual it is only when a problem occurs that you get a post about it.

John
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks again for the re-assurance John. So did your old contract end on January 8th and your new contract was billed on February 9th? So one contracted ended and the new one sprung into action! That`s what I`m hoping for without any glitches. So when you click on the `get this new deal` tabin accounts , does it take long or does it just show a page of what your signing up to and then once you click on `agree this deal` you receive an email from Plusnet giving details of when this new contract will begin,payments etc...? 

jab1
Legend

Nearly right, @plusmouse - my previous contract finished on the same day as my new one started - 09/02/20 - in other words the price changed on that day, and as you are billed in advance for your BB, and my line rental is paid on a yearly basis, my February bill reflected that.

I just clicked on the banner and followed the instructions - took me about 5 minutes including double-checking I had everything correct. The confirmation email arrived within a minute of me clicking the 'finish' button.

John
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Great John, thanks. I choose not to pay for yearly line rental upfront just pay per month for both BB & line combined so am I correct in thinking that what I pay now (just under £27 a month) will drop to the new £22.99p a month and adjust to reflect any small discrepancies between the two when the first NEW payment is taken? No too sure I`m understanding correctly or if I will be paying £22.99p at the same time as my final existing payment combined? Meaning, I will pay the £22.99p on the 4th April when my new contract begins aswell as paying the final month from my existing contract ending at the same time?

jab1
Legend

I think you are reading things a bit wrong, @plusmouse .Smiley

As you pay in advance for your BB, the price on your April bill should be at the £22.99 on the offer. I am assuming of course that you don't use your landline phone for outgoing calls.

John
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

I see, I think I get it now! My final March payment, which will be taken shortly, is the payment for THIS months BB/LRental. Then, if I sign up for this new offer, the £22.99p payment will be for APRIL. Which will be the 1st month of the NEW contract. Is that correct? I think it is....

Nobody yet replied from Plusnet staff on this but I`m pretty sure what we have discussed is all tick boxed John so thanks for your input. 

jab1
Legend

As near as correct as you need to worry, @plusmouse .

I think you may have a wait for PN responses - it appears quite a few of the Help Team have 'left' us.

John
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks again John. I don`t frequent the forum often but do drop in occassionally to read the posts just to keep up with any news or issues I may not be aware of. 

If a PN staff member reads this can they confirm for me what`s been discussed above and that renewing my BB & Line rental re-the *Special Offer* in my account page is basically staying on the same plan (standard unlimited broadband and line rental) but with `fixed` 18 month payments? Many thanks. 

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

*BUMP*? 😕 Really want to renew my contract but need a staff member to confirm what I`ve asked above before commiting. 

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Just had an email sent to me today from Plusnet and need someone from PN Staff to take a peek and let me know if this is an Offcom deal, or a real Plusnet offer? See attached snip below:

It`s a really good price for me at £19.99p per month for Unlimited BB & Line rental at a FIXED price if this is genuine. As an existing PN customer, I was given a *Special Offer* fixed price in my account for £22.99p a month which I was discussing at the beginning of this post, so if I`m now being offered the same deal for £19.99p a month I will happily sign up. But need someone to clarify for me which is which and if I can sign up after my final March payment is made soon and then go with the email offer?

A bit confused really because I now have two offers from PN. One in my account for £22.99p a month and today in an email for the same deal but for £19.99?