cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing contract to fibre broadband

Lin49
Hooked

Renewing contract to fibre broadband

I have tried negotiating a new contract but they won’t budge on price saying that’s their best offer last time they reduced it by a few pounds. Seems loyalty is not taken into account anymore. Anyone else encountered this and what did you do?

14 REPLIES 14
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Renewing contract to fibre broadband

Hi @Lin49

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that you are not happy with the offer made. I have had a look into your account and can see that the offer by my colleague in the Customer Options Team here was in comparison to a competitor price mentioned.

If there is anything else that we can help you with then feel free to get in touch.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lin49
Hooked

The offer from nowbroadband was £23.50 for fibre broadband including line rental and calls whereas yours was £31.00 I think plusnet could have met me halfway as I have been a customer for a long time

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Lin49

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry to hear this.

If you would like I can arrange for a colleague in the Customer Options Team to contact you and see if there is any further offers available for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin49 

The big problem is after your 12 month contract ends the price goes up to £35.99 see below and then you have the same hassle again PlusNet know this so think about it before you jump ship read the small print.

Have you had a look at Origen Broadband they are not on comparison sites and don't advertise just like PlusNet did before BT purchased it in January 2007 most is recommendations

https://www.originbroadband.com/

NOW Broadband Offer: 18+. UK only. NOW Broadband available to new NOW Broadband customers and new and existing TV customers, not available to existing NOW Broadband/Combo customers. 12 month contract Fab Fibre: £23.50pm for 12 months, £0 set up fee and £9.99 delivery fee. 12 month contract Super Fibre: £35pm for 12 months, £0 set up fee and £9.99 delivery fee. 12 month Contract Brilliant Broadband: £18pm for 12 months, £0 set up fee and £9.99 delivery fee. No contract option available with £50 activation fee and £9.99 delivery fee. 12 month min contract for contract option. After 12 months, standard price applies for both options (currently £25.99pm for Brilliant Broadband / £35.99pm for Fab Fibre / £43.99pm for Super Fibre).

Brian A

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

Maybe the agent was not aware that the NowTV offer includes anytime calls.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Lin49

@Baldrick1 has raised a point that may be worth considering. If the agent was not aware of the Anytime calls being included then he would only look to match the broadband price.
As mentioned previously if you are interested in discussing this further and seeing what more can be done I'd be happy to pass your details on for a call, just let me know.

Thanks

Lin49
Hooked

Could you get one of your colleagues to call me back thanks 

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Lin49

I've passed your details along with an explanation to my colleagues, you will receive a call to discuss and I'm confident that we are able to resolve this for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.

Lin49
Hooked

Plusnet still won’t come down on price for calls saying they have no control over their phone call packages?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Lin49

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that we weren't able to do any more for you.

We are unable to change the prices of the call plans unfortunately but I did feel that it best to get a member of our Customer Options Team to speak with you and see whether there were any other options available.

I am sorry to hear this and we are here if you have any other queries.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi @Lin49

What would you be getting as a call plan for the £31?

Dave

Lin49
Hooked

Anytime calls up to one hour to 01 02 and 03 numbers plus calls to mobiles included. Does this sound like a good deal for £31.50?

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi @Lin49

Its not bad compared with the new customer deal and it is about what I would be paying if I added anytime calls to the deal that I got when I renewed my contract for 2 years over 18 months ago.

Also, you could save some money by getting LRS

Correction: its better than I am getting since I calculated my monthly cost as BB +LRS/12