Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed too late, charged normal rate.

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Renewed too late, charged normal rate.

I knew I was coming to the end of my BB contract soon but couldn't find the exact date it was going to end (something others had difficulty with too, judging by some posts). I chatted to PN to ask about re-contracting deal and was offered the same as I'm on now. I said I would think about it (as TalkTalk is tempting me with a better deal) and the advisor said that's fine and I should contact them by 08/12.

Now I got the direct debit email notification and my next bill was already processed and the amount is the normal rate outside contract.

So I got in touch again today to say I wanted to renew my contract and can I have a partial refund so that I don't pay the full rate next month. They said it's not possible as contract can't be applied retrospectively.

But surely, taking into account that it wasn't clear when it ends (I wish PN at least sent an email notification about contract ending and clear dates), PN can refund me the extra fee as a good will gesture?

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Renewed too late, charged normal rate.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're charged the basic rate.

As you got in touch with us on your billing date to renew, we're unable to put the contract through until the next bill date.
This does mean that your invoice this month is the out-of-contract rate that I can't change.

Sorry for the disappointment caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Ok, thanks @Gandalf.