cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed online and got confirmation

rma013

Renewed online and got confirmation

So on 3rd May I renew my contract when it was due to expire from the 18month contract - for a slightly better deal. I print off the confirmation and I get a confirmation that the new contract and price will start from the 5th May.

I receive my bill this month and is has completely ignored the new price/contract and gone to the default amount of £40.98.

I might think it is a COVID thing - however this exact thing happened 18 months ago when I renewed last time. Once you can accept as a glitch -twice on the trot and I think the systems need to be looked at.

Anyone else run into this problem ? Needless to say there is no online chat and the phone line seems perpetually jammed so I am stuck paying this amount until I can get hold of someone since I can't afford to not have broadband.

1 REPLY 1
rma013

Re: Renewed online and got confirmation

So got through on the phone and it appears that because I renewed on the 3rd May ( the 18 month contract terminated on the 4th June) - there is a lag and the new contract was dated to start on the 5th May.

For some reason this makes it think that means I missed a months notice period.

I got through to customer service and they were very helpful and resolved the issue. Worth noting that it might be best to renew a few days before the 30 day expiry to avoid the problem.