cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed contract with upgrade to Fibre Extra, new packages include Line Rental. but being charged?

feet
Grafter

Renewed contract with upgrade to Fibre Extra, new packages include Line Rental. but being charged?

I renewed contract with an upgrade to Fibre Extra and continuation of unlimited calls at £8.  New packages include Line Rental.  I am now being asked to renew my Line Rental Saver when line rental is included?

This cannot be right?

I have been paying £21 a month including calls, with a promotional discount of £7.99 for renewing.  Since my renewal date.

But now being asked to prepay my Line Rental Saver again?

Also used "CHAT" and was passed to three different departments, with the 3rd closing the "CHAT" after just saying Hello!

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Renewed contract with upgrade to Fibre Extra, new packages include Line Rental. but being charge

I'm afraid that it is right. If you read the legal contract the full price at the end of the contract is £20.99 per month plus line rental. If you take off your £7.99 discount and add on your £8 calls package that gives you £21 plus line rental.

If you think about it Plusnet is offering new customers the Fibre Extra plus line rental package for £27.50 per month. They are not going to offer the continuation of the same package for £13 per month.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

feet
Grafter

Re: Renewed contract with upgrade to Fibre Extra, new packages include Line Rental. but being charge

I've been fleeced, should have taken a new customer deal with a different provider and saved £'s.  So much for Plusnet being the friendly provider they claim to be!  Just marketing!  Should have researched.

I could have a newer hub and saved about a £5 per month.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post, @feet.

We're sorry to hear that you've had this experience, although we can see that you were informed that the Line Rental Saver covered the first 12 months as per the below Service Notice sent on 15/09/18:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=SN333997339

Please let us know if you need any further assistance at all.